Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

154435-flower.jpg

A beautiful new app from SnappyTouch is offering iPhone users a very polished flower garden experience. Appropriately titled Flower Garden [App Store], this sim/toy app has a strange appeal that's not unlike Koi Pond and Pocket God

Flower Garden is just that -- a virtual flower garden in your iPhone. You can plant different types of seeds, water them and watch them bloom. Some flowers bloom immediately, while others may take some care over time. Once you have a collection of flowers, you can even cut them and send them to your friends in an electronic bouquet.

The level of polish and detail on the app, however, add greatly to the experience. This video shows the app in action (music not included):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nM_5nxFSUM

App Store Link: Flower Garden, $2.99

Article Link: 'Flower Garden' for iPhone is a Beautifully Designed App

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2007
California
It does look like a really nice app, but $3 for a pretty much useless app is too much for me. $.99 and I'll consider.

SirJankovic

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2009
you seriously have to ask yourself if this is what it's come to when people pay 3 dollars for this....

crees!

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
I agree...great looking app but not worth $3

Not worth it? That's a joke. The amount of time and detail spent on this I could see the price be $5 or more.

A couple months ago a friend and I were discussing doing something similar (growing plant app) but this really is over the top. Well done goes to the dev(s).

leandromp

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2008
all those .99 cents app out there are just garbage and crashes constantly. !! this one, in the other hand, hasnt crashed to me not even 1s!, the details are amazing and the design, 5 stars!!! and the interface is really good.

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
Beautifully designed app -- but I had to stop watching the YouTube video after a while, because the guy's finger was so nasty!! :(

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
$3 for a flower design app seems a bit much. Any chance of passing out some free promo codes for it?

MacFly123

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2006
Very nice design, I do think it appeals to a limited demographic though, but they are probably willing to pay the price so seems good.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
I mean really, why bother!

What an idiotic thing to spend money on. As I have said I have never in my life seen as many stupid things for sale in one place in my entire life.

What a complete waste of time and money!

Xian Zhu Xuande

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
Beautiful program, but like the other eye-candy programs like iBonsai and Koi Pond, $0.99 is the right price point. I agree with the above poster that it looks like some exceptional work went into it, but if I'm going to play with an app that does nothing $0.99 is the price I'm happy to pay. :)

And I'm happy to own apps like Koi Pond and iBonsai for that price.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
It's the gardener's version of the virtual pet idea. A Tamagotchi in a flowerpot.

Some people like action games, some like puzzles or word games, some like apps that produce sound effects, some like apps for drawing a mustache on somebody's photo. And no doubt some will find an app like this fun or relaxing.

Evangelion

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2005
you seriously have to ask yourself if this is what it's come to when people pay 3 dollars for this....

For some reason I'm reminded of the offline-wikipedia when I read comments like this. It costs $7.99 (IIRC), and people complained "that's too much". Yeah, eight bucks for the biggest encyclopedia in the world is clearly too much money....

So, three dollars for this. Why not? Seriously? If it gives you enjoyment, why on Earth not? If it has been created with love and care, why not? Should we nickle and dime everything?

Three bucks is about as much as a good cup of coffee in a cafe. That coffee gives you enjoyment for few minutes, this app could give you enjoyment for hours and hours. So is three bucks REALLY that much money?

kerryn

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2007
So you can send virtual flowers to someone. That might be nice and better than an ecard if they know that you "grew" the flowers yourself.

Still, might not get the same result as sending real flowers though. Then again, for three bucks I can only buy three tulips at my local florist.

pez13

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2008
wow this reminds me i gotta get to work on my water boiling app :rolleyes:

beaker0090.jpg

you sync it to a pot of water on the stove. Then you can keep your iphone
with you in the other room and wait and watch the animation on the phone to see
when the water is boiling. If you touch it the app says OUCH!!! and many more surprises!!!!!

I'm going to make millions!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.