Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Haephestos

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
I'm glad that you like it.
Sorry about the link, I got confused between html and BB code. It's fixed now.
I know its one phat .jpg, but I put it together in photoshop and the resolution is gigantic!
I didn't want to scale it down because of quality loss.

GCmini

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2009
Chino Hills
I agree a million percent! that would all be so legit! i would be even more loyal to apple if they allowed this. but the iphone appeals to enough people around the world that this isnt needed unfortunately :( But I love what you did! Great Job!!!!!

ajones46

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
Monroe, Michigan
almost overwhelming!

That does look really cool, but I think its almost too much ya know? I'd always be second guessing myself if I should have gotten the other version/hardware etc.. Plus what if that was legit and you got the best of the best iPhone, with all those specs! It'd cost around 1500! I wouldn't even call it a phone anymore... this is my iEverything.. shiny, huh?

That-Is-Bull

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
Edmond, Oklahoma
Why's the image so damn big? I had to resize it to 15% in Photoshop just so I could see it. Here's a non-massive version for anybody who wants to be able to read it without their computer exploding.

Anyway, this would be ridiculously awesome (though a little excessive), but of course Apple hates customizability so it'll never happen.

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
Why's the image so damn big? I had to resize it to 15% in Photoshop just so I could see it. Here's a non-massive version for anybody who wants to be able to read it without their computer exploding..

Thanks! Reading this on my phone!

lftrghtparadigm

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2008
Would it look something like this?
Warning: Large image - http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/7849/picture7vxd.jpg
All of the hardware that is specified has been extensively researched, and is all real or in prototype phase. The firmware section though is an outpouring of my dreams. :D

Wow :D ... but.... :confused::(

How much would a top level gaming/photography iPhone cost you from that list? Have you estimated that.

Those options are absolutely outstanding, and I think even remote plausible for next year some time, maybe a taste of it this year.

Off hand I think I would love it, but then it would take programming to level I'm not yet on. Also, I'd be sad if I couldn't afford the best iPhone. From that list of options it looks like the "maxed-out" model would in be like $1500 :eek: That's a lot for a monthly-contract device.

Unless of course it was heavily subsidized :D.

What if Apple subsidized it themselves by buying "wholesale minutes" from various wireless carriers, as per their original plan? Apple becomes their own carrier selling devices that work on "their" network, which is really someone elses network without all of the restrictions.

chrisesposito

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2008
A great set of options. I would add 2 things:

1) the ability to drive an external display, as a 1920 x 1200 image is a lot easier to deal with on a screen that's larger than the one on the iPhone. My preference for the external display would be a flexible OLED display that you could fold up and tuck in a pocket in a phone case.

2) I have seen devices that project the image of a virtual keyboard onto any flat surface and then track which 'keys' your fingers touch. It's a way of getting keyboard functionality without the small size constraints of the on-screen keyboards and the weight and large size penalties of the external keyboards.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
I hope to god Apple doesnt ever implement a camera in a way like that.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
four gigs of RAM in a phone? :rolleyes:
You left off storage which is what you can customize now...
This is a pretty neat idea, too bad it won't happen with any phone, let alone Steve's baby.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.