Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

efedor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
If money was not an issue, what would be your dream Mac setup?

uiop.

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Loaded Mac Pro, dual 30" ACDs and my portables would be a maxed out 17" MacBook Pro and a MacBook Air.

Two 30" ACD's connected to a maxed out Mac Pro with a 17" unibody. Also a MacBook Air for the days I want wish to travel light.

Ha nice taste.

My dad has the MacBook Air and wow that thing is conveniently light compared to my MacBook Pro. I'd consider selling my MacBook Pro and getting a 24" iMac and a MacBook Air.

Aniki

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2008
15 inch Macbook Pro loaded, 17 inch Macbook Pro loaded, Macbook Loaded, Mac pro Loaded, 20 inch iMac loaded, 24 inch iMac Loaded, Macbook Air loaded, 4 30 inch LCD Apple Displays, 16 gig iPhone

:D

PaperMacWriter

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2009
Top-of-the-line Mac Pro hooked up to a 56" Samsung LED TV as main computer, maxed out MBA for travel. That would be AWESOME!!!!!
SG :apple:

Aoleus

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2008
1) 2.93Ghz 15" MBP w/ 256GB SSD & 4GB RAM
1a) 24" Apple LED Display
2) 24" 3.06Ghz iMac w/ 8GB RAM & Radeon 4850
3) 2.26Ghz Mac Mini w/ 4GB RAM & Wireless Keyboard/Mouse - aka roid-ragin' :apple:TV.

Theclamshell

macrumors 68030
Mar 2, 2009
my dream

512k (have)
lisa
Twentieth anniversary (have)
maxed out 17 inch
maxed mac pro
maxed air
every ibook clam color
g4 cube with 22 old cinema display
maxed imac g4
the black macintosh tv
acd for mac pro:apple:
i like old machines

PhillStew

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2005
Alabama
- Maxed out 15" MBP with an external 30" Dell Ultrasharp
- Maxed Mac Pro w/ 2 30" Dell Ultrasharps & a Drobo sharing 16Tb
- Maxed Macbook Air w/ 24" ACD for desktop use w/ B/T Keyboard and Mouse for Chem.E classes

- Wacom Tablet, Airport Extreme, a Slingbox Pro, HD Tivo, at least a 50" Plasma/LCD HDTV, Aeron chair, and a big-nasty wrap around L-shaped desk to put it all on. :D

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
Lounge:
Focal Grand Utopia III - before you decide to click on this link, I'll invite you to guess the price of a pair of these loudspeakers. Hint: money isn't an issue
52" Sony Bravia XBR
PS3 + External Blu-ray player
AppleTV
Some phat amp
7.3 sound setup.

Server:
1 XServe in the AV cabinet
1 XServe raid for all movie and full Blu-ray on demand rips (music too)

Personal:
Max'd Mac Pro for everything else.
2 24" Apple LED LCD's (because 30" is just too big for normal usage).
Ah hell, a mini powering a 30" ACD that's wall mounted just to give me my RSS feeds, the weather and my daily comics.

And an equally luxurious house to fit these bad boys in!

Almost forgot...a PB G5 too. :D

jlpoore89

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2009
Beaumont, Texas
maxed out mac pro with at least 2(but prolly 4) LED cinema displays (30" if they come out with one), maxed out 15" macbook pro with LED cinema display, bang and olufsen desktop speakers, and the biggest time capsule at the time

and definitely and xserve setup for media storage and streaming as sammich mentioned, and your use of the mini and tv is really cool i have never thought of that before but it would be really useful

ViciousShadow21

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2009
To your left or right
Focal Grand Utopia III - before you decide to click on this link, I'll invite you to guess the price of a pair of these loudspeakers. Hint: money isn't an issue

wow the speakers seem pretty incredible. have you heard them personally? i love the idea of the EM motor for the low end. that must make it sound incredible. they probably arent worth the extra $249,000 over the B&W's i have now (got them from the rents), but if i had the money i would certainly buy them just to hear the low end.

Inconsequential

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2007
Surely this would be exactly the same for everyone?

Octo 3.2GHz MP (The chips are out there/will be soon)
24Gb Ram
4x Intel SSDs in RAID 0
4x1TB external HDs for RAID 1 in 2x2 config.
4890 1Gb (flashed from PC version)

Maxed out 17" MBP
Maxed out Macbook Air
iPhone 2009

Sorted :p

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
wow the speakers seem pretty incredible. have you heard them personally? i love the idea of the EM motor for the low end. that must make it sound incredible. they probably arent worth the extra $249,000 over the B&W's i have now (got them from the rents), but if i had the money i would certainly buy them just to hear the low end.

I'm not really a audio-man (so to say), being brought up in the lossy compression generation I don't think I could really appreciate the audio quality coming from something like a Focal. But the EM motor for bass is intriguing to say the least, plus the cabinet tilting thing.

Speaking of B&W, I'd like to add a Zepplin to my list of things for my room.

Little HZ

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2008
New Mexico
- Maxed out 15" MBP with an external 30" Dell Ultrasharp
- Maxed Mac Pro w/ 2 30" Dell Ultrasharps & a Drobo sharing 16Tb
- Maxed Macbook Air w/ 24" ACD for desktop use w/ B/T Keyboard and Mouse for Chem.E classes

- Wacom Tablet, Airport Extreme, a Slingbox Pro, HD Tivo, at least a 50" Plasma/LCD HDTV, Aeron chair, and a big-nasty wrap around L-shaped desk to put it all on.

Yep. That's what I want. (Even though I do not have any Chem.E classes!)

Plus one of those rumored netbooks. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.