Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scrappledog

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
When I am offered a new update for iTunes, the instructions come across in Chinese characters. My friend, who speaks Chinese after living in China for several years, used to use my computer to speak with friends back there, and I think he's done something to my language settings that make iTunes default to Chinese in this case.

The program works fine once I download it, but I'd like to get the instructions back in English.

scrappledog

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
Mac or PC? And which OS?

It's a PC (Sony Vaio, 3-4 years old) running on WindowsXP Professional version 5.1.

I don't want to uninstall and reinstall a bunch of stuff. At some point, we had solved this, but then my friend used my computer for a week and ... update messages in Chinese again.

mattwolfmatt

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
I think you need to ask your friend what he did and undo it. He obviously goes into some language settings every time he uses your computer.

Sorry I can't be of more help. It's stories like yours that make me glad I use a Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.