Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mrbill317

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
I have a Macbook Pro 15" , C2D 2.33ghz. I have the 7100 version of Windows 7 and everything worked perfectly except for the sound.
No matter which bootcamp driver I try or even Realtek's own vista one nothing works.
I downloaded the bootcamp 2.1 drivers and everything installed correctly , including the realtek ones. All the hardware looks fine in device manager but I dont hear anything out.

Should the default be speakers? It seems that it keeps the driver as microsofts own and it doesnt say anything about realtek. Could that be the problem?

I did not try the microphone jack yet but will in a few minutes.

Even if there is a hack , Im willing to try it. What is the exact audio chipset on this model of macbook pro?

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
In an incredibly unhelpful manner, I'll post information that doesn't do squat.

I have the 2.16 model, and Windows 7 (7100) works just fine. I installed Windows, installed bootcamp off of my Leopard DVD, updated bootcamp to 2.1, and it was good... I'm pretty sure that sound appeared after installing the bootcamp 1.0 drivers.

You could also try uninstalling the drivers and running windows update.

EDIT: I apologize, that ^^^ may have been helpful ;)

Mrbill317

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
In an incredibly unhelpful manner, I'll post information that doesn't do squat.

I have the 2.16 model, and Windows 7 (7100) works just fine. I installed Windows, installed bootcamp off of my Leopard DVD, updated bootcamp to 2.1, and it was good... I'm pretty sure that sound appeared after installing the bootcamp 1.0 drivers.

You could also try uninstalling the drivers and running windows update.

EDIT: I apologize, that ^^^ may have been helpful ;)

Hurray that worked , I never installed 1.0 but used 2.1 off the bat.
I uninstalled bootcamp services and apple update , ran the installere for 1.0 off my disk. Pretty much said run program when it says its incompatible.
Got sound upon reboot. Now Im updating my 2.1 drivers for the other stuff.

Im guessing 2.1 doesnt have the older macbook pro sound card, or at least the right one

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.