Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

omerbaker

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
I have some songs that have specific intros that are seperate tracks, but when I play in shuffle mode, it may play the song or the intro all by its self but not together. Does anyone know how to merge 2 songs to always play together? Thanks

coronel mustard

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2008
Standish, England
Presuming you have a mac...you could open up garageband and import both songs files in and then save this as one song. The new file would show up as one song on itunes but it would always play the tracks in the correct order.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
I use Garageband also. Sometimes there are separate songs that are gapless on the cd, but when ripping/importing the cd, and then choosing those two songs to go on a burned cd, it won't do it seamlessly... so in Garageband I just merge the two tracks, and adjust the overlap. Once it sounds right, I just export back to .aac and rename it.

futrwriter

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2009
Garage Band- trying to merge two songs into one

Hi,

I dragged a song into Garage Band and faded it down a bit at the end so that I could copy and paste the song again in order to have one long playing song for a slide show. I've also tried dragging the second song to the track so that it's side by side with the first. I then click the join button and the dividing line goes away. But then when I play it, there is sound on the first song but not the added second song.

I would sure appreciate any help you can give me. All I'm really trying to do is create a longer song for a slide show. When IDVD plays the song twice there is space between the two and it ruins the mood of the slide show.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.