Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups

Old Jun 16, 2008, 07:23 PM   #1
foyeburger
macrumors newbie

san luis obispo ca,

well last year i was #1 at the att store on madonna rd. waited in line for about 12 hours . and my buddy goes over to apple store later on that day and walks in and out in like 10 minute . so im thinking apple store on higuera st. down town this time foyeburger
foyeburger is offline   0
Old Jun 16, 2008, 09:39 PM   #2
fly805
macrumors newbie

iphone - at&t signal coverage in slo county

Hi Foyeburger,
I'm thinking about getting the new iphone when it comes out.
How has your experience been with the AT&T coverage while driving around San Luis county? Any places where you always get dropped calls?
I live in Los Osos, and work in Morro Bay and Cayucos. Have you had any problems in those areas?
Any comments are appreciated!
Thanks,
Andy
fly805 is offline   0
Old Jun 16, 2008, 09:56 PM   #3
foyeburger
macrumors newbie

hi fly coverage is good but i alwayts get drops out to morro bay on hw1 a couple of spots also anywhere out past cayucus on hwy 1 but then again i get some spots were it works in cambria and san simion and the other spot it drops is on price canyon on the big s curve there it always drops there other than that i think its quit good never had any problems out in los osos or morro bay foyeburger
Old Jun 17, 2008, 07:53 AM   #4
foyeburger
macrumors newbie

so just wondering if anybody was at the apple store downtown slo on i day of last year . wondering what it was like there to camp out . were the lines long and about what time did the line start forming so i can get a better concept of this years i phone release foyeburger
Old Jul 9, 2008, 02:18 AM   #5
Phat_Pat
macrumors 68000

i might mob down to check it out but i got the original iphone.... 8am is kinda early tho. friday=no class = me sleeping in!

ha
Old Jul 9, 2008, 02:35 AM   #6
metric152
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by foyeburger View Post
so just wondering if anybody was at the apple store downtown slo on i day of last year . wondering what it was like there to camp out . were the lines long and about what time did the line start forming so i can get a better concept of this years i phone release foyeburger
I drove by the store in the morning (9a) and the line was pretty short. I went back to the apple store around 5p and the line went all the way up to Marsh. I came back later that night and the line was gone and was able to walk in and buy 8gb phones no problem.
metric152 is offline   0
Old Jul 9, 2008, 03:21 AM   #7
foyeburger
macrumors newbie

so probably 5am at the apple store would seem about right to me for the 8 am rush .
Old Jul 10, 2008, 11:48 PM   #8
foyeburger
macrumors newbie

ok over her at the AT&T store #1 I'm line with about 5 people behind me found out they only have 40 phones . Don't know what gig or if there half white and black ones time is 9:45pm so far so good larry
Old Jul 11, 2008, 03:02 AM   #9
werkedm3
macrumors member

Any updates from the ATT store? I went by apple around 10:30 and saw no one there.
werkedm3 is offline   0
Old Jul 11, 2008, 07:24 AM   #10
foyeburger
macrumors newbie

ok just woke up . 5:30am there I'd about 9people so far buy I kinds expect a rush here what's going on at the apple store? Larry
Old Jul 11, 2008, 05:45 PM   #11
grandtheftfob
macrumors newbie

anyone know how the line is now at the slo store?
and if they have any 16gb black ones?
grandtheftfob is offline   0
Old Jul 11, 2008, 09:24 PM   #12
yvieinca
macrumors newbie

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandtheftfob View Post
anyone know how the line is now at the slo store?
and if they have any 16gb black ones?
My husband called at 5:10 and they said all they had left was the white ones. We got there together at 5:25 and they were completely sold out about 2 minutes before we got there.

We asked the concierge if they would get in more tomorrow and all she could say was "I don't know" but added "After today we'll get regular shipments in, at least starting monday."

I'm bummed. Maybe tuesday I'll get one.
yvieinca is offline   0
Old Jul 16, 2008, 04:34 PM   #13
sh0ckerturb0
Banned

Send a message via AIM to sh0ckerturb0
anybody know if the apple store in slo has been getting any new shipments? i know the apple availability tool says they are sold out. i live 45 minutes away so i havent had a chance to go into the store and theres no way to get ahold of somebody in there by phone
sh0ckerturb0 is offline   0
Old Jul 17, 2008, 08:40 AM   #14
yvieinca
macrumors newbie

Unhappy Slo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0ckerturb0 View Post
anybody know if the apple store in slo has been getting any new shipments? i know the apple availability tool says they are sold out. i live 45 minutes away so i havent had a chance to go into the store and theres no way to get ahold of somebody in there by phone
I assume you live either north or east of SLO right?

The SLO store is said to get shipments in every day, but they never know what phones their getting or how many. It's kind of funny, the SLO store has probably one of the biggest populations between it and other stores. You can call them, and they'll tell you whether or not they have them at that moment, but can't disclose any other information. We ended up driving to Thousand Oaks to get ours, it seems to be the only store that consistently has phones in stock.

Good luck!

Edit: Also, I've noticed shipments come in between 10 and 11 am. However they sell out within half an hour, so if you're feeling froggy, just go hang out in front of the store until you see the fedex guy arrive, then you'll likely get one.

Last edited by yvieinca; Jul 17, 2008 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Additional Info
yvieinca is offline   0
Old Jul 17, 2008, 11:26 AM   #15
sh0ckerturb0
Banned

hey thanks alot man, ya i live in santa maria... about 45 minutes south, i'm going to leave right now and see if i can get lucky!
Old Jul 17, 2008, 05:25 PM   #16
sh0ckerturb0
Banned

i got lucky! got there around 11 and there were no iphones yet, and there was nobody in line so i went for a walk, came back around 11:30 and waited in line behind 5 people and fedex delivered about 45 minutes later! im happy and lucky thanks for the advice
Old Jul 17, 2008, 11:12 PM   #17
yvieinca
macrumors newbie

Good!

So which phone did you get? I gather they're getting in White's and 8gigs the most.

I'm glad it worked out for you. If my husband and I had waited until tuesday like I originally planned, I'd have been seriously bummed. We drove to Thousand Oaks on Saturday and waited for 2 and half hours in line to get them. I looked tonight at the apple website, and see they are sold out for the first time since getting the phones.

Enjoy your new toy. (And boy it can be a fun toy!)
yvieinca is offline   0
Old Jul 19, 2008, 03:07 AM   #18
blissmonkey
macrumors newbie

Got there at 5:30PM on july 18th and got one. A white 16GB!!!
blissmonkey is offline   0
Old Jun 9, 2009, 11:49 PM   #19
mactastic
macrumors 68040

Goin' to the SLO AT&T store on the morning of the 19th...
Old Jun 18, 2009, 05:07 PM   #20
mactastic
macrumors 68040

Guess I'm gonna be lonely.

Oh well... faster service for me!
Old Jun 18, 2009, 05:16 PM   #21
foyeburger
macrumors newbie

well ill show up there also on the 19th att store i did the pre-order and it says it shipped and is at the store for tommorro. the att web page says it opens at 7:00 am so ill guess ill try to get there around 6. just incase i dont know how many people pre ordered so im guess quite a bit thats pre-order only then the other line is for the folks who just show up trying to get a phone and there lines open when the normal hours at the store are i belive its 9 oclock
foyeburger
Old Jun 18, 2009, 08:16 PM   #22
foyeburger
macrumors newbie

anybody got any idea on how many people pre-ordered from the madonna store
Old Jun 18, 2009, 10:09 PM   #23
foyeburger
macrumors newbie

so what time are the pre order folks plan on showing up tommorro im thinking 6am anybody else

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups