Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eddtr1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
Hi guys i am preety new to this apple tv lark but i have a few questions.

Firstly - Is handbrake the best encoding software to use. I have a harddrive full of dvd's ripped to VOBs and have been looking for the quickest way to go about converting this too mp4. I use handbrake but it takes hours to convert one dvd is this normal?

Also i have started using MetaX for windows. It tagged a film for me perfectly, but when i tried to tag a episode from 'Black Books' it could only find one epsidoe from all three series. So i checked tagchimp and all the episodes are there - so i tried using the search faciltiy in metax but it woudnt find the episode! Am i doing something wrong. Also is there a way to downlioad the info from tagchimp and stick it into to the id3 tags without having to just copy and paste!

One last thing where do i find the 'iDentify' tagger I have heard about?

Thanks guys!

roidy

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2008
Nottingham, UK
Hi guys i am preety new to this apple tv lark but i have a few questions.
Also i have started using MetaX for windows. It tagged a film for me perfectly, but when i tried to tag a episode from 'Black Books' it could only find one epsidoe from all three series. So i checked tagchimp and all the episodes are there - so i tried using the search faciltiy in metax but it woudnt find the episode! Am i doing something wrong.

Dan Hinsley the guy who ported MetaX to windows has his own support forum on his site:-

http://www.danhinsley.com/MetaX.htm

You might get better support speaking direct to Dan. I wrote my own tagging progam just for TV shows because I like the metadata from theTVDB.com better, so I cant help regarding using MetaX for TV shows.

I`ve never hear of 'iDentify' before, but judging by the small case I in the title it`s a Mac program and there may not be a Windows version (but I could be wrong).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK so 2 seconds after posting I found 'iDentify' :-

http://identifyapp.wordpress.com/

And yes it seems to be a Mac only program.

jdmeara

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2009
Embedding Artwork

Hi,

Just joined the forums and am very new to all of this. I have had an Apple TV for quite some time, but recently purchased the WD Media Player to work with a WD My Book. The Media Player will display artwork if it is embedded in the file. I was curious if Metax embeds the artwork. All of the art displays fine in iTunes and Apple TV, but only a few for the WD player. I was wanting to use metax to embed them all. Also, when I have ripped movies on my laptop hd the artwork appears fine. However, when I transfer to my external that is hooked up through my Time Machine a lot of the artwork won't appear in the Apple TV even though it is referenced to check the external for the file. Any idea on how to get all the album artwork and information displayed when the file is on my external versus my laptop hd?

Thanks
John

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.