Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Toby Goodbar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
MOD PLEASE DELETE!

ok so after disconnecting from my mac to make a call, after reconnectingthe usb and trying again, it is working. i have no idea what happened but all is normal now..... computers....

leopard 10.5.7
itunes 8.2
iphone OS 3.0

how do i add movies to the iphone?
i cant drag n drop movies or music to my iphone. i have checked off manually manage music and videos but i cant "dnd" them to the iphone. the only way i can do it is if i choose and check the sync options under the appropiate tabs and i don't wish to do that.

so how do you MANUALLY DRAG N DROP movies and music onto the phone?:confused:

rich.smith

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2008
MOD PLEASE DELETE!

ok so after disconnecting from my mac to make a call, after reconnectingthe usb and trying again, it is working. i have no idea what happened but all is normal now..... computers....

leopard 10.5.7
itunes 8.2
iphone OS 3.0

how do i add movies to the iphone?
i cant drag n drop movies or music to my iphone. i have checked off manually manage music and videos but i cant "dnd" them to the iphone. the only way i can do it is if i choose and check the sync options under the appropiate tabs and i don't wish to do that.

so how do you MANUALLY DRAG N DROP movies and music onto the phone?:confused:

You cannot drag and drop to the phone. You have to sync via iTunes. Click on your iPhone in iTunes. Select the video tab. Scroll through the movies that you have in iTunes and click the check box of the movies that you want on the phone. Select the Sync button on the bottom right.

Toby Goodbar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
that is not true. under the summary tab for your iphone check the box next to "manually manage music and videos" now you can drag n drop.

if you read i posted about it because it wouldn't work since the upgrade so i thought the method had changed or been revoked but after manually unplugging and plugging in the usb cord it started working so i realized i had a temporary glitch. so i edited my post and put a note to the MODS to delete my post because i realized it was just a glitch.

try it out! youll like it! plus you should be able to get music and videos off other peoples itunes without wiping out the ones already on your phone. the catch is this though....
you won't be able to use native apple software to transfer the music off your phone and onto YOUR itunes. you can find 3rd party software like floola. i know it works for a regular ipod never tried it with an iphone or touch before though. also if any of it has DRM it won't play in itunes without the password BUT it might on an iphone or touch i'm not sure i only know it will work on regular ipods.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.