Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scratchnsniff

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2009
Waiting for updated Xcode to download before I reboot, but damn I hope it works better than 10A380.

Mine disconnects my MightyMouse every couple of hours & has trouble reconnecting. What have your problems been?

If you're interested in the development side of the equation; LLVM 2.6 will be released around the same time as Snow Leopard. LLVM 2.6 is the official move over from GCC-LLVM to the Clang front end. A lot of bugs and missing features have been fixed resulting in large numbers of the FreeBSD ports compiling. C++ still lacks features but it is gradually getting there. I wouldn't be surprised if by the time 10.7 is released that we see a total switch to LLVM/Clang given the flexibility it will give Apple when it comes to integration between the toolchain and XCode IDE.

InkMaster

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2007
Nagoya, Japan
Its a short one but i think it shows the 2 effects.
I have to say i dont like the scale one. Not that good.
Youtube

Something tells me that's not what he was talking about ;) - after all those effects have been there for 4-5 years now... :p

Can someone post a video of the new setting in the Dock preferences for minimizing windows?

I assume you're talking about the 'minimize into app icon' feature?

If so, here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXRr6s4ma4s

At the moment of me making that post the video still hasn't been processed by YouTube, but I'm guessing it'll be ready in a few minutes.

neski

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2007
Something tells me that's not what he was talking about ;) - after all those effects have been there for 4-5 years now... :p

At the moment of me making that post the video still hasn't been processed by YouTube, but I'm guessing it'll be ready in a few minutes.

hahahaah your right. my bad.well it got me to use quicktime for something and i have to say that the save for web feature is great.so easy to use.

on a side note its great that your site is back up michael.

scratchnsniff

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2009
Quicktime's the same =[

But here's a screenie of the expose.

Also they rename the screenshots to "Screenshot on xx:xx:xx" instead of "Picture 1"

Given all the other important things they have on their plate, I think the icon is probably the least of their worries. Quicktime Player as it stands is incredibly basic so I am wondering whether we're going to see another seed that enhances it. They still have another month left up their sleeve for further additions/improvements/etc.

gorjan

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2009
CPH
Does anyone with a SL seed and a NAS know if

defaults write com.apple.systempreferences TMShowUnsupportedNetworkVolumes 1

still works? ;)

Akzel

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2008

I really like this minimize into app thing, and I can't believe nobody mentioned that before!

Henk Poley

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2008
noticing some lag when typing....
[Cmd] seems to stick for too long sometimes. Ex: Type [Cmd]+[F] and some text, the first character of your text is seen as if the [Cmd] is still pressed.

Also, I've had two times in the past week that the trackpad stopped working for ~30 seconds.

dragossh

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2008
Can someone check out if their Spotlight (Show All) finder search has the SIZE column as well. I know I was never able to get it to show in Leopard. New undocumented feature?

Thanks for you response

You mean this?

Attachments

• Screenshot on 2009-06-28 at 15.23.26.png
    Screenshot on 2009-06-28 at 15.23.26.png
    153.8 KB · Views: 410

InkMaster

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2007
Nagoya, Japan
So how usable is it as it stands now? Alright for everyday use?

Yeah, I've been using 10A380 since day one on my primary work machine and minus a few small (deadly) bugs, it has been excellent. Updated to 10A394 the moment it came out and this is even better then the old one. Seems to be even faster and even more polished. So far everything works for me except a few apps. One of the apps that doesn't work for me is Apple Remote Desktop, so thats a shame...

Everything works for me except CS4 :(

What do you mean? All of CS4 works excellent for me - Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, etc...

Does anyone have the new desktops?

Which new desktops? There are no new ones in this build. The only new ones which came out of Apple, were the Aurora ones... but those came with 10A380, so almost a month ago...

If it is those that you're talking about, I posted both the client and server versions on the first page of the following thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/717534/

dragossh

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2008
Yup so you got it.... ok now I have to figger out why its grayed out for me.

It's greyed out for me too, but as you can see it shows up in the column. I did a clean install of SL, maybe that's why?

Wow that looks cool! Any skin that can make everything look like iTunes? Maybe "Marble" will show up in OS 10.7
Also information about size of files is a nice thing. :cool:

iLeopard.

I am pretty positive that Marble is coming in 10.7. The inconsistencies in Snow Leopard's UI are ridiculous (e.g. two type of menus in the dock). By the time 10.7 shows up, I expect it to have a black UI.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.