Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dj.mooky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
So... I am using bindings, that I learned from reading/watching tutorials for an older version of IB. I know I am the one screwing up on this one I just do not know where, or what to do.

I've got two entities basically
Player and Hand

There's a too many to too many relationship going on here, with appropriate restrictions

I have two tables set up, one with names of all Players, and the other is currently just a list of every number associated with a hand

How is it I make my (hand)second table ONLY show data associated via relationship to a player?

EG: I click on me(dj.mooky) I am not interested in viewing a Hand that does is not associated to the selected Player.

I've got it all set up in bindings like I said

This will be just tremendously helpful once I get the real statistical engine of my app going where I'll suddenly have 5-6 entities instead of just the two during the alpha proof of concept phase.

Current setup is table 1 is bound to Player showing value userName

I know table 2 is setup wrong, but it is bound to Hand showing value handNumber

Thanks in advance

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
So... I am using bindings, that I learned from reading/watching tutorials for an older version of IB. I know I am the one screwing up on this one I just do not know where, or what to do.

I've got two entities basically
Player and Hand

There's a too many to too many relationship going on here, with appropriate restrictions

I have two tables set up, one with names of all Players, and the other is currently just a list of every number associated with a hand

How is it I make my (hand)second table ONLY show data associated via relationship to a player?

EG: I click on me(dj.mooky) I am not interested in viewing a Hand that does is not associated to the selected Player.

I've got it all set up in bindings like I said

This will be just tremendously helpful once I get the real statistical engine of my app going where I'll suddenly have 5-6 entities instead of just the two during the alpha proof of concept phase.

Current setup is table 1 is bound to Player showing value userName

I know table 2 is setup wrong, but it is bound to Hand showing value handNumber

Thanks in advance

Bind it to Player.selection.hands.handNumber. And by "it", I'm pretty sure (but not 100% sure) that I mean the NSTableColumn, not the table itself.

dj.mooky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Bind it to Player.selection.hands.handNumber. And by "it", I'm pretty sure (but not 100% sure) that I mean the NSTableColumn, not the table itself.

Thanks for the answer, unfortunately your insight has only illuminated my even further screw up in writing the classes associated with my entities :)

This is good though... learning to spot my mistakes, and finding out what they are is an amazing thing

When I attempt doing it as you suggested, it gives me a KVC error

I'm currently doing a search to figure out exactly what my error is, I've seen it online, I just did not know how vital it was at the time. I'll post a link in here when I find it incase anyone else ever has this problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.