Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dread

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
I wanted some extra protection for my iphones while traveling since I am bringing both my 2g and 3gs iphones abroad. The 2g is unlocked and my 3gs has all of my media. I needed something that I could protect the screen while in my backpack and fit the phone while wearing the incase slider. So I bought some material from wallmart and made this in 15 minutes. Cost me less than a dollar and it will do its job. This is the only material they had that wasn't some horrible print.

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

Pika

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2008
Japan
Very nice!

Here's mine: Poor-man's otterbox.

zCover iSAglove + zagg invisible shield + plastic bag + Jell-O box warped with silver duct-tape.

sdc10256.jpg

You get waterproof and dust-proof by plastic bag, impact proofed by Jell-O box, drop-proof and cut resistance by duct-tape, shock resistance by zCover silicon case, scratch proof by zagg invisible shield.

5 protection

Pika

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2008
Japan
haha good stuff. I like your style.

Your protection is good against dust, sand and dirt but not against water.

A plastic bag inside will do the trick.

Im going to add squared pieces of mcdonald's burger styrofoam container and a layer of hard plastic inside my box.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.