Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

racer1441

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 3, 2009
Well, I'm almost 100% PC free, except one that I'm required to have for work. Does anyone have some suggestions on getting the most out of my mobileme on the PC?

The web interface is ok, but I'd love to have the ical and mail tools on there, for both online and off, just like my beloved macs.

JNB

macrumors 604
AFAIK, there are no calendar apps or email clients for the PC that will sync directly to MM. There are workarounds (through Google for example), but MM is designed to sync directly with only Apple Mail and iCal in this instance.

Captain Awesome

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2009
Vancouver/Tsawassen, Canada
AFAIK, there are no calendar apps or email clients for the PC that will sync directly to MM. There are workarounds (through Google for example), but MM is designed to sync directly with only Apple Mail and iCal in this instance.

Isn't MobileMe Mail just standard IMAP?

Attachments

• Screenshot on 2009-07-04 at 7.37.46 AM.png
    Screenshot on 2009-07-04 at 7.37.46 AM.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 103

Merlosso

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2008
You can use Outlook but it's terrible. I just use the web interface. You might be able to use Thunderbird but I'm not sure. I've been meaning to look into that myself but haven't had the time.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

I use Outlook and it is great

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Well, I'm almost 100% PC free, except one that I'm required to have for work. Does anyone have some suggestions on getting the most out of my mobileme on the PC?

The web interface is ok, but I'd love to have the ical and mail tools on there, for both online and off, just like my beloved macs.

You need to install MobileMe Preferences on your PC. It is placed in the Control Panel. Below is an Apple Web Page that talks about it. Select PC.

http://www.apple.com/mobileme/setup/pc.html

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
You can use Outlook but it's terrible. I just use the web interface. You might be able to use Thunderbird but I'm not sure. I've been meaning to look into that myself but haven't had the time.

Outlook works, Thunderbird works and any standard IMAP mail application will work as well.

There is an iDisk utility for Windows that makes it easier to mount your iDisk as a network drive, or you can just use Windows explorer>Map network drive.

I also (finally) got around to backing up my PC to my iDisk. I used GoodSync to do it and it works pretty well.

My biggest complaint is that Apple still has not included Firefox bookmark sync.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.