Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chuckyeager

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
Collegeville, PA
I have iTunes and Media Monkey on a PC. I also have iTunes on my brand new mac mini. I burned the same songs to a CD on the PC side @ 320 CBR as I did on my mac mini at 320 CBR, but on my car stereo, the songs from my mac mini seem very much "brighter" and clean vs. the ones I burned on my PC....

To my uneducated way of thinking, this makes no sense.... but is it possible?

Jolly Jimmy

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2007
My guess is one of the set of tracks has been converted multiple times between lossy formats. That would certainly affect the quality, and make the tracks sound muddy. Could that be the case? What format are the files to begin with?

chuckyeager

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
Collegeville, PA
My guess is one of the set of tracks has been converted multiple times between lossy formats. That would certainly affect the quality, and make the tracks sound muddy. Could that be the case? What format are the files to begin with?

In all cases, ripped directly to MP3, 320CBR.... all from my own cd collection.

Jolly Jimmy

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2007
I can't think what else could make them sound different. Did you burn standard audio CD's or MP3 CD's?

Jolly Jimmy

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2007
Maybe the PC needlessly re-converted the tracks to MP3's before burning, where the loss of quality occured... Or you are indeed nuts ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.