Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davegregory

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2009
Burlington, Ontario
Rules:

1. You may only submit one photo per contest.

2. The contest runs for exactly one week, from the first time stamp of the first post in the thread (this will be made by the winner of the previous week's contest).

3. Please refrain from commenting on the photos submitted in the contest. A good photograph is one that can appeal to someone who may not know much about the technical aspects of photography, so it would be best if the judge isn't swayed by someone else's opinion of the photograph.

4. The judge will choose his/her favorite at the end of the week, place a post listing it, and include a short synopsis of why he/she chose that photo. The winner is then responsible for choosing a new topic and starting a new contest thread, which will again run for exactly one week.

The theme for this contest:

Support

Good luck to everyone. Can't wait to see your entries! Interpret it anyway you like.

Mr Ski 73

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2007
Ah found some "Support" - clickable for full size

Attachments

• Cow.jpg
    Cow.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 213

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
Light, water (in the clouds), oxygen, food, and shelter (all from the trees) are the things necessary to support life.

attachment.php

Attachments

• support1250.jpg
    support1250.jpg
    734.1 KB · Views: 505

mickbab

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2008
Sydney, Australia
The Millau Viaduct, France

You'd want some strong supports for this 2.5km long bridge weighing in at 36,000 tonnes and delivering up to 25,000 vehicles daily across the Tarn River in France.

Caught this in the early morning while the clouds lingered in the valley.

3772025356_0f46ed69e3_b.jpg

davegregory

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2009
Burlington, Ontario
Great Photos All

I really enjoyed looking at everyone's work and their interpretation of "Support". After looking through all the pictures, I felt that mickbab's photo of the viaduct in France should be the winner. I really liked the leading lines in the photo. The clouds passing underneath just gave it all a heavenly feeling and the repetition of the bridge supports is great.

Honourable mention to rebrook. excellent colour and excellent selective focus. Thanks to everyone for participating. mickbab get's the honour of picking the next week's contest!

Congrats again to mickbab!

mickbab

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2008
Sydney, Australia
I really enjoyed looking at everyone's work and their interpretation of "Support". After looking through all the pictures, I felt that mickbab's photo of the viaduct in France should be the winner. I really liked the leading lines in the photo. The clouds passing underneath just gave it all a heavenly feeling and the repetition of the bridge supports is great.

Honourable mention to rebrook. excellent colour and excellent selective focus. Thanks to everyone for participating. mickbab get's the honour of picking the next week's contest!

Congrats again to mickbab!

Thanks!

Yay that's win number 3 for me.

I hope to have a contest up by tomorrow but do have a busy day ahead. If there isn't a new contest up within 24 hours will 2nd place please start the new thread? I won't be back until wednesday so can't post.

Will try to get one up tomorrow but can't garuantee it.

Again thanks! And well done to all of this weeks entrants.

jbernie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2005
Denver, CO
Not as many submissions as normal but I appreciated all the variations on the theme which was really good to see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.