Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ski2moro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2007
i have been using a Franklin Planner for years, but the Franklin Covey app gets bad reviews.

What productivity iphone app are you using in the workplace?

robanga

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2007
Oregon
I use OmniFocus on both the Mac and the iPhone, it is a good system based on the GTD methods. I also like "Things", another GTD system.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
IMHO, I believe that any planner system that you use, it should have a desktop and an iPhone/touch version that can be synchronized.

I personally use Omni Focus. Very flexible full featured GTD software. Sync's well.

Be forewarned, there is a learning curve with Omni Focus. Once you are comfortable, it becomes very convenient to keep you on track.

ski2moro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Thanks.

I looked at Omni Focus and ToDo.

Anyone use ToDo? What do you think of it?

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
Omnifocus is very good, but for me i found it a little ott for what i need

I now use Todo, which is perfect for me

I sync it to iCal via a published calendar from Toodledo.com, this makes it a read only calendar, I was thinking of setting up direct sync to ical but didnt because of repeat tasks, so i just use iCal to view and then goto the web/iPhone to make changes

From what I have read, if you have repeating tasks in ToDo, these will be fine when synced with iCal aslong as you dont mark them as read in iCal, if you do the task will end as iCal cant handle repeats

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
Thanks.

I looked at Omni Focus and ToDo.

Anyone use ToDo? What do you think of it?

I love ToDo!! GTD FTW. ;)

I love ToDo in combination with iCal. ToDos sync with ical todos. Seamless!

Also syncs well with Remember the Milk.

Omnifocus is very good, but for me i found it a little ott for what i need

I now use Todo, which is perfect for me

I sync it to iCal via a published calendar from Toodledo.com, this makes it a read only calendar, I was thinking of setting up direct sync to ical but didnt because of repeat tasks, so i just use iCal to view and then goto the web/iPhone to make changes

From what I have read, if you have repeating tasks in ToDo, these will be fine when synced with iCal aslong as you dont mark them as read in iCal, if you do the task will end as iCal cant handle repeats

I looked at Omni Focus as well, but it seemed to be more over the top for me as well. I also purchased Things for the desktop component, but then later found out the sync was not as elegant as it should've been (you had to have both apps open, etc, etc). May have changed since the version I bought. But then there were some things I didn't like about the iPhone version re: GTD and so I tried (and bought) ToDo and have stuck with it.

I'm not a 100% hardcore GTD-er, but ToDo does work very well for what I need with projects, focus lists, dated/prioritized next actions, and contexts.

jw nyc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2008
I'd agree on PI - if they'd get an update out. It seems like forever that they've been promising push, new features, etc.

According to their website they submitted version 1.1 to Apple on Sept 15th. Expect it in a week or two.

perrce

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2012
This thread has been dead for a while, but I wanted to point out for those that arrive here via Google that the app from FranklinCovey isn't even available on the App Store any more. Instead, you might check out "Benjamin" which is an iPhone app that replaces the tasks and note taking functions of the Franklin Planner. Benjamin, combined with the Calendar and Contacts apps that are built into the iPhone should serve as a pretty good replacement for the Franklin Planner.

Here's a link to the Benjamin website: http://software.dazeend.org/benjamin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.