Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GeneralP

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2009
'Crackles' isn't the correct term ... 'crackles' sounds like physical damage, indeed.

I'll describe the screen as accurate as possible:

The top 25% of the screen (right up to where the time bar in locked mode shows) was still visible, albeit with some (lighter) horizontal lines.
Then, you can clearly see the screen 'stops working' at a certain pixel, and from that pixel on, all pixels are dead. (meaning: all pixels to its right and all the lines below)

The touch screen still works. If I unlock the screen by sliding the bar (which I can't see, but I know it's there after using the iPhone ... before I'm being called a liar again) only the top 4 apps show ... and depending on which app I launch, the color of the lower 75% of the app changes.

It looks as if all the dead pixels have the color of the one pixel where all other pixels stopped working ... if that makes any sense ...

Any other question? Fire away

1st. AGAIN I never called you a liar.

2nd. If you would have given THAT description on your original post you may have actually been given some support. Your current post may have gotten you some solutions. please let us know what Apple says when you get it back.

mgpg89

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
Belgium
Just received a new 3GS, free of charge, so it wasn't physical or water damage.

Took 'em 5 days, which is rreeaallyy fast for Belgian standards.

GeneralP

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2009
Just received a new 3GS, free of charge, so it wasn't physical or water damage.

Took 'em 5 days, which is rreeaallyy fast for Belgian standards.

So did they offer any info as to what what was wrong with it?

mgpg89

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
Belgium
So did they offer any info as to what what was wrong with it?

No.
I handed in my documents to prove I had the right to claim a new iPhone 3GS, the salesman gave it to me and he asked me what was originally wrong the the phone ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.