Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjc343

macrumors 6502
Okay, I have permission from Arn to use the MacRumors logo and will hopefully get around to it later today.

From what you had asked for, I think that what you want is to have a macrumors logo to one side of the "Macrumors -- Team #3446" text.

I don't think that will work, but I will try it, I will probably end up turning down the opacity so that it is more in the background.

If you have any more requests, or modifications on what I have said so far, get back to me before tonight PST.

cjc

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
MrMacman said:
Yeah yeah.

Its no problem, when we get the one with the MR logo in it, that will be the final one.

Then I'll host it on my own photobucket site and stuff... so no problem.

Thank you MrMacman, that will be awesome. Now if there will just be a way to have a link in our signature!

Thank you arn for allowing the permission to use the MR logo.

You have really done a yeoman's job on this project. Thank you cjc343. I look forward to the finished project. ;)

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
wdlove said:
Thank you MrMacman, that will be awesome. Now if there will just be a way to have a link in our signature!

Thank you arn for allowing the permission to use the MR logo.

You have really done a yeoman's job on this project. Thank you cjc343. I look forward to the finished project. ;)
Well well.

A picture can be linked in your signature, but there can be no image.

Example this an an image: :D
This is an example of a link to an image

The second example is what would would have to have.

Thank you arn!

Hope to see the latest image soon.

Much thanks cjc343. :D

cjc343

macrumors 6502
Ok, transferring finished image to ImageReady right now.....

saving in smaller file size.......

Oh, right, I didn't do one with the opacity turned down but I will if there is a request for it.

I hate how many colors I lose when I dumb down the quality... I wish everyone were on a connection fast enough to get the whole 1.9 mb file....

Attachments

• Foldgif4-.gif
    Foldgif4-.gif
    28.3 KB · Views: 103

benpatient

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2003
welcome one, welcome all, to Photoshop Tutorial 106: basic web banner technique.

in next week's lesson, we'll learn about transparent gif images, file size optimizations, masking, and text legibility! Be sure to tune in.

cjc343

macrumors 6502
That(^) really helped, now I know exactly what to do!

I have already said, if you don't like something, post a message about it. If the message tells me exactly what is wrong, I will fix it. When you write something that does not point out what you are unhappy with, I can't do anything.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I think that the addition the MacrRumors logo is a nice touch, thanks to arn.

A suggestion clould the font color for "MacRumors Team -- #3446" be the same as "Help Cure Disease?" Just think that it would stand out more.

cjc343

macrumors 6502
I have checked already and this one should be right.....

large file size, so I think it might be better to use the other one...

I changed it back to the way the text was... it isn't the same, but it is similar... I can change it again if you want...

Attachments

• Foldgif4.gif
    Foldgif4.gif
    72.3 KB · Views: 96

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
cjc343 said:
Yeah, I wouldn't mind either, I have waited hours for 500 mb or greater files to download.... but many people on Dial Up connections are not too happy about anything over 2 kb....

Great job cjc343, very nice indeed. I appreciate that you make my suggested correction, it makes a better appearance. Thank you! ;)

Now if I could just use it as a link in my Signature. Has anyone agreed to host the banner yet?

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Techincally you could use MacRumors as a hosting site... :rolleyes:

But that would be mean, so I'll upload it to my photobucket and get that done with.

After that we should be done with it unless more requests are made.

Again thanks cjc343 :D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
MrMacman said:
Techincally you could use MacRumors as a hosting site... :rolleyes:

But that would be mean, so I'll upload it to my photobucket and get that done with.

After that we should be done with it unless more requests are made.

Again thanks cjc343 :D

MrMacman, what about me being able to have a link to the banner in my signature? Thank you in advance for your response. my friend. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.