Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

howardBergen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2009
Since the new line of MBP I have fallen more and more in love with the black frame around the display on these MBP. Feels like the display is much easier for the eyes.

Do anyone know if it is possible to buy a skin/coverfoil/etc to cover on the alu frame around my MBA display?

I have found a lot of pages/webshops that provide skin for the front/back and trackpad, but nothing for the frame around the display.

Thanks a lot

HB

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
Someone here put the glass display/black bezel from a MB on it and it looked beautiful. Can't remember the thread though.

indiecraig

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2008
I really think Apple should update the Macbook Air with the black display frame and the "big button" glass trackpad. At the moment it's kind of like the black sheep of the notebook line.

jdaco6

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2007
Since the new line of MBP I have fallen more and more in love with the black frame around the display on these MBP. Feels like the display is much easier for the eyes.

Do anyone know if it is possible to buy a skin/coverfoil/etc to cover on the alu frame around my MBA display?

I have found a lot of pages/webshops that provide skin for the front/back and trackpad, but nothing for the frame around the display.

Thanks a lot

HB

Someone on ebay was selling the glass from their 13" Alu Macbook and advertised it as fitting the air! Would love to see pics though.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Someone here put the glass display/black bezel from a MB on it and it looked beautiful. Can't remember the thread though.

Sometimes all your wishes can't fit into the small package of the MB Air.

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
I really think Apple should update the Macbook Air with the black display frame and the "big button" glass trackpad. At the moment it's kind of like the black sheep of the notebook line.

I rather like both the way they are. Would much rather my MBP have the Air's display and no glass or black. The trackpad has plenty of room and I find myself accidently clicking the MBP when I'm using gestures with force.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.