Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rich2k4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
i've been waiting for a long time to get an imac, ever since i heard snow leopard was going to be released. Snow leopard is coming very soon, but i hear the imacs are supposed to be refreshed sometime this fall.

do you think it's best to wait until apple's keynote in early september, and if i don;t hear of any imacs then, to just go ahead and buy?

MacMini2009

macrumors 68000
May 22, 2009
California
I guess you can wait until the rumored September 7 event. Other than that the best time to buy an iMac would be now or in Spring-Summer next year.

rich2k4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
well the computer im currentlyt using is a 9 year old HP pavillion. i'm not sure how much longer i can handle using this. So hopefully the new imacs come within the next month.

MacAndy74

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2009
Australia
well the computer im currentlyt using is a 9 year old HP pavillion. i'm not sure how much longer i can handle using this. So hopefully the new imacs come within the next month.

I wouldn't expect new iMac's until February 2010. Perhaps it is time for you to buy. :cool:

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
The September event is usually iPod orientated, so it's unlikely they will release a new iMac; however since we don't know anything about Apple's product cycles, we can't be sure about this next event either.

rich2k4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
now it sucks more for me.

i've been waiting for 6 months to get my first mac. i have been waiting for snow leopard. now SL is coming out next week friday. I don't know if i can wait afterwards until a new imac refresh. However i'd be pissed if the iMac refresh turns out to be something good.

If i get the mac next week, i can still take advantage of the free ipod touch offer. so I don't know.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
It is called the waiting game. I am not sure how well brand new iPod Touch's are selling for right now, one think to take not of is that the new iPod Touch is coming very soon, would you be pissed about your free one lacking some of the features?

rich2k4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
no not really.

all i'd use the ipod touch for, is during school when i have breaks in between classes, i can watch youtube videos, and browse online to pass the time.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
waiting on a new computer is like putting off a orgasm. it does not satisfy and another will come along soon enough so why wait? with apple it is even worse as you don't know if you will even get lucky or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.