Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

str1f3

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 24, 2008
I just want an app to display artwork. I don't need an iTunes controller. Any suggestions?

str1f3

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 24, 2008
Can you be a little more clear? Do you want it to display the artwork of the currently playing song?

Yes and that's all. I don't need an iTunes controller like Bowtie but it would be nice that it showed a HUD containing lyrics.

devburke

Oct 16, 2008
Yes and that's all. I don't need an iTunes controller like Bowtie but it would be nice that it showed a HUD containing lyrics.

iTunes itself actually does this, aside from the lyrics part. It can both display the album art in the main iTunes window or in its own window.

To display it in its own window, click this guy:

Picture 1.png

Now you should have something like this:

Picture 2.png

Now, if you want to get the album art in its own window, just click the album art in the main window, and a new one should pop up:

Picture 3.png

Feel free to resize this window as you wish, and close the main iTunes window if you like.

devburke

Oct 16, 2008
Actually, I was assuming you wanted a window to float alongside you other apps. If you're ok with a Dashboard widget, I'm sure there are some of those out there that do lyrics too

str1f3

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 24, 2008
Thanks for the help. Didn't even know about the album art having it's own window and have been using iTunes for years. *Sign* It would be nice if they had a hud for lyrics though but I'll live. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.