Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cbrniner

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2007
On Iphone 3g day I ordered 3 full body Invisible Shields , took about a week but I got them , after reading many reviews here and doing a little test strip on one of the phones I decided to call to to send them back , they gave me a refund code and so forth and I sent them back .

Yesterday I get a credit for 1 shield , and I am like "Where is the rest of my Money " cause I bought 3 sent 3 back , of course 2 were unopened . Well I called them and they said they only got one back , funny considering I sent all 3 back in the same box and they were wrapped all together with bubble wrap, and the only way to get to one was to unwrap all three ...

Well anyway Zagg said there was NOTHING they could do and would not refund the rest of my money , of course that lead to my phone call to the CC company which they have reversed the charge and of course coming here to vent my frustration ... So , I assume someone in the receiving department probably lifted them and only reported one cause it was open , but still the guy on the phone was rude as well ... He was like " Oh Well" .... and basically calling me a liar saying that only one was returned ...errrrrrrrrrr

So buyer beware , to me the product looks terrible on the phone and the customer service is even worse ...

Todd :mad::mad:

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Really?

I ordered an invisible shield and then changed my mind and cancelled the order (found a case I like). They refunded me the money within 24 hours of calling them. A week or so later I ended up with the invisible shield anyway. Customer service said just keep it.

I guess my point is that while your case is unfortunate, it's just one experience. People shouldn't base their decisions on just one upset person.

alk-3

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2009
Okay, I just had to register to this forum to tell you guys my experience...
I ordered a full shield for my iphone 3gs. It arrived, I was astounded at the amount of overpackaging, but the product looked good.
I installed in on the phone, and within a week it was peeling off the back, in the corners to the point that I had to keep cutting off the loose ends in an attempt to stop it from peeling off.
I decided to send it back when it wouldnt stop peeling off.
They say that within 30 days you get your money back, no problem, excapt you have to send them back the product, which is also no problem, except they feed you a line that goes a bit like this...

Q: Why do I have to send it back?

A:Returning your original invisibleSHIELD within 25 days of making your replacement request will ensure the release of the pre-authorized funds on your credit or debit card and will keep your invisibleSHIELD Lifetime Replacement Guarantee intact. Additionally, we are doing our part in saving the planet by recycling invisibleSHIELDs.

Saving the planet!!???? Give me a f'n break!! You want to save the planet, but you make us ship you back a piece of seran wrap so you can 'recycle' it?? Have you taken a look at your own packaging?!! Get off it...

Anyway, when I called in to get approval for a return, they said they would honour my return for longer than the 30 days because I was outside of the USA and I had only just recieved it a week earlier due to slow customs etc..
so time goes by, and I get no refund... so I call, again.
They tell me I'm not able to get the refund because although, they extended the return time for me, they neglected to mention that the envelope had to be postmarked for that day....
So I write a few back and forth emails with them, and I finally just said give me a freekin refund, and this is the response I got...

I am more than happy process a full refund for you. However, the reason for the given time frames for a refund is that Pay Pal will not allow a full refund to be processed passed 60 days. In order to receive a refund, we can send money via Pay Pal to your Pay Pal account, and Pay Pal will charge customers a fee for a money request. Unfortunately, since your order has been past 60 days from the original date, we can only process a refund by sending a money request.
Please let us know if you would like a refund to Pay Pal, or to keep your in store credit instead.

so I sent this...

I would like a refund, how do I go about it?

Then they sent this...

It appears you have been assisted with your most recent request! Upon looking at your account for order # xxxxxxx an instore credit has been provided to you as of August 12, 2009. We will not be able to refund you for this order.

Thank you for choosing ZAGG. We appreciate your business!

So I sent this...

Hi Betty, I think you need to go and re-read the email that YOU sent to me! Let me quote for you....

I am more than happy process a full refund for you. However, the reason for the given time frames for a refund is that Pay Pal will not allow a full refund to be processed passed 60 days. In order to receive a refund, we can send money via Pay Pal to your Pay Pal account, and Pay Pal will charge customers a fee for a money request. Unfortunately, since your order has been past 60 days from the original date, we can only process a refund by sending a money request.

I’d like to draw your attention to the following line in particular;

Please let us know if you would like a refund to Pay Pal, or to keep your in store credit instead.

I can’t believe this is so much trouble for you people to grasp!!!!

I WANT A REFUND!!!!!

Never mind, I’ll just phone...again.

Now, as you can imagine, I'm getting a bit fed up.
In the mean time I already placed another order for just the front shield expecting to not go through the hassle of pleading for my money back...

I finally seem to have gotten it cleared up on the phone, with someone who admitted to not knowing what the emails meant, and why I didn't get the refund to begin with..
The point is, that they f'k up a lot. Even if it's in your favor, like sending you a product that they already refunded you for, they still f'd up.

-end rant-

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I have nothing but good experiences with Zagg.

bodyguardz is also very good.

ravensfan55

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2009
I got a Zagg when I first got my iPhone, not only was it a pain in the ass to put on, but it started peeling and discoloring after a week. I returned it. No problems getting a refund.

DukeL

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2009
Good Company but they have been slowly going down hill ever since ZAGG bought them out. Its what happens when big companies buy out small ones.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
Zagg does suck and so does their product. Get Best Skins Ever, Wrapsol or Bodyguardz.

lollicup

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2009
i think they make a good ( somewhat overpriced) product

one bad case does not make a bad company

nehunte

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2009
I have a ZAGG full body shield. I installed it CORRECTLY. It looks great (barely noticeable), and isn't peeling up at all. It's been installed for over a year now.

Product is not terribly easy to install (goes on similar to windows tint). So, just because you suck at putting it on doesn't means it's a bad product. If you want something easy to install, go buy those crappy 5-pack shields that come off every two weeks to one month.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Never tried Zagg, but Bestskinsever are really good and cheap. they ship fast just in a simple envelope.. And they are made from the same stuff. Zagg wants to charge more for their marketing/site and nice box..

clewin20

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2009
Lake Elsinore, CA
i have installed the IS on several of my electronic products including my 3gS. It is a little difficult to install correctly but once done, it looks just fine.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I have to agree that if installed correctly and left to cure for 24 hours like the instructions say, the InvisibleShield is an excellent product.

I've had them on quite a few of my phones before I discovered BSE (exactly the same thing, just not overpriced) and I've never had an issue with them peeling/looking bad. A little coordination and A LOT of patience is really all that is needed.

pmsquillace

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2010
I would not say they suck....per se..

I have bought a zagg skin for my ipod touch when I bought it a while back and while the product is a bit overpirced and a HUGE pain in the ass to get on, it is a decent product.

I did experience peeling but that is due to me screwing it up and trying to re-apply it a couple of times.

Recently I purchased the iphone 4 on verizon and went right to Zagg to buy my skin again.

I am not that pleased with it because I could not get this thing on this time. Even purchased a 2nd one cause I got crap underneath it the first time and it stopped sticking after a while.

I am sure I am not the only one here with this issue, but I am sure with some practice, if you don't mind paying the price, you can get this thing on the right way and would not have a problem with the product.

Just my 2 cents,

Paul

ajohnson253

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
Wow this thread came to life 3 years later amazing! Anyway I'm not a fan of zagg either. I hate the feel of the material and it scratched so easily. I used zagg temporarily until I got my PS anti glare. Would not recommend zagg to any of my friends.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.