Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmmo20

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
If you turn the MMS option off from the Messages options, will you still receive MMS? or that toggle applies for sending and receiving mms?

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I just turned off MMS and sent myself a picture. Still haven't received it. I'll update this post if it ever comes through.

edit: the picture never came. I re-enabled MMS and sent myself a second picture. THAT one came, but the one sent while MMS was disabled never came through. I hope that message made it to MMS heaven.

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2008
For those of you who have MMS enabled on your iPhone as do I, do you have this problem?

With MMS enabled on your phone, can you send a huge, maybe 15+ contact group SMS message? I've noticed that it does in fact show "MMS Group" but it does not send the message. However, when I disable MMS, I am able to send the huge group a message with the title still MMS Group message.

I am wondering, does anyone else have this problem? Thank you in advance for your response.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.