Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
Hey,

Is there a way to wake my mac pro with my iphone? My mac pro is in a studio space hooked onto the internet with an unprotected wifi network, and my iphone is around on the ether...

thanks,

r.

p.s. it is a brand new mac pro...

FXT 1

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2009
UK
Depends what you are looking to do. Stream music? etc

Or are you just all for the thrill of using your iPhone as remote for something :rolleyes: :D

Also, perhaps this will help. I'm not sure it applies to the iPhone and you have to be running Snow Leopard. I assume you are if your Mac is so new (ie. you got it yesterday :D)

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
I already read through that thread... i want to be able to use simplify media but i don't want the computer running all the time...

... seems like VNC would work... an app store search brings up a bunch. which solution is the most user friendly?

thanks,
r.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
any answers for this? i just got my copy of snow leopard and rushed to download simplify media, just to find out it doesn't work.

anyone know how to make it work?

FXT 1

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2009
UK
I already read through that thread... i want to be able to use simplify media but i don't want the computer running all the time...

... seems like VNC would work... an app store search brings up a bunch. which solution is the most user friendly?

thanks,
r.

Well Based on your VNC theory, i assume you will wake your computer first, then run the simplify media App? I'm sure it is possible, any particular reason you can't use wake-on-demand?

In terms of which VNC is the best there is a thread here on Macrumors.

any answers for this? i just got my copy of snow leopard and rushed to download simplify media, just to find out it doesn't work.

anyone know how to make it work?
I'm not sure if the developer has updated the software for Simplify media yet. However I'm sure he will be working on it.

Yet, this site: http://snowleopard.wikidot.com/ reports Simplify Media is supposedly running fine on SL.

Also is there not 32 bit mode or something in SL? Correct me if i'm wrong but try running it in that enviroment.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
It isn't that simplify media isn't working after the installation of SL, it is that the wake over wan isn't working when I access simplify media from my iphone. Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.