Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

littleirishboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
Hi there,

I have just got an iphone and my girlfriend was using it for the past week or so untill i changed over onto o2 so i could use it. She has texted some people and deleted the text messages...is there any way i can recover them??

littleirishboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
I have seen some things on the internet about accessing the files on the iphone and i should be able to get them...can anyone help??

jcde7ago

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
San Francisco, CA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

littleirishboy said:
I have seen some things on the internet about accessing the files on the iphone and i should be able to get them...can anyone help??

Dude, if she DELETED them, accessing the phone isnt going to do you any good, you cant access phantom files that arent on the phone.

nomar383

macrumors 65816
Jan 29, 2008
Rexburg, ID
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Dude, if she DELETED them, accessing the phone isnt going to do you any good, you cant access phantom files that arent on the phone.

Yeah, I'm not sure you can do data recovery on flash memory, even if there were like system-critical files

Four20

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2007
I'm not sure if Macs don't delete files like Windows does(where they really keep the data until it's written over). If so, then there has to be a way to recover, but you'd only be able to recover the raw data, not the sms message itself.

nomar383

macrumors 65816
Jan 29, 2008
Rexburg, ID
I'm not sure if Macs don't delete files like Windows does(where they really keep the data until it's written over). If so, then there has to be a way to recover, but you'd only be able to recover the raw data, not the sms message itself.

In other words (if it's even possible), it would take more than 2.3 seconds

jcde7ago

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
San Francisco, CA

In other words, get a new gf 

svndmvn

Nov 6, 2007
Italy
some serious trust issues here, but whatever, if she had backed up you could restore from any of those backups and see what info's different.
there's also an app for viewing text messages on your computer, syphone, but it only works with backups.

iphonekml

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2009
hi

hi dude
If I am not wrong the msges ll be in da sim card ,thr are hardwares available in da market to get the deleted msges ,Its a kindof USB drive ,you can put the sim in to it to get da msgs...In ireland think it costs abt 35 euros.Google it for as spy materials.
all da best...

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
Hi there,

I have just got an iphone and my girlfriend was using it for the past week or so untill i changed over onto o2 so i could use it. She has texted some people and deleted the text messages...is there any way i can recover them??

Just because she's your girlfriend doesn't mean she loses all her privacy.

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
Yeah, I'm not sure you can do data recovery on flash memory, even if there were like system-critical files

In other words (if it's even possible), it would take more than 2.3 seconds

Actually, recovery can be performed, even if the messages were deleted. :)

It's a PITA, but a forensic analysis can be done on the device and deleted files can possibly be recovered. In otherwords, it would take WAY more than 2.3s yes, but it is possible. :)

toocoop

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2010
Actually, recovery can be performed, even if the messages were deleted. :)

It's a PITA, but a forensic analysis can be done on the device and deleted files can possibly be recovered. In otherwords, it would take WAY more than 2.3s yes, but it is possible. :)

Can you help me recover deleted messages from my phone? or point me in the right direction

scottuf

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2009
NPB, FL
i believe the messages are stored in a sql database (sms.db) so unless sql saves deleted data, not sure they can be recovered from the phone. best bet is to look into the backups on the computer.

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
Can you help me recover deleted messages from my phone? or point me in the right direction

I can't help you no, I'd be too expensive. :)

You can read up on forensic recovery but the labor needed to perform such a task may not be worth the effort. Now if you have a picture of something that no one else had and you needed it, or if you have evidence to convict someone, or absolve yourself of a crime, then it would me more worth it. A good place to start would be this book:
http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Forensics-Recovering-Evidence-Corporate/dp/0596153589

michaelsviews

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2007
New England
Since there deleted

Why not look at your bill, I know with AT&T under messaging it lists the numbers that msg's were sent too.

Get the list, and than DO NOT use your cell phone but use maybe one from the O2 store or apple store and what ever telephone number or numbers have the highest amount of msg's sent call the number,

OR

Use a Google voice number if its accessible.

If you asked her and she wont tell you who she msg'd , would you and do you trust her?

You can always get another girl friend

nomar383

macrumors 65816
Jan 29, 2008
Rexburg, ID
Why not look at your bill, I know with AT&T under messaging it lists the numbers that msg's were sent too.

Get the list, and than DO NOT use your cell phone but use maybe one from the O2 store or apple store and what ever telephone number or numbers have the highest amount of msg's sent call the number,

OR

Use a Google voice number if its accessible.

If you asked her and she wont tell you who she msg'd , would you and do you trust her?

You can always get another girl friend

The OP was over a year ago. He may have moved on :)

sonogirl

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2010
SD recovery

It say this will work if data was not written over it. How do I know if it was or wasn't?
Thanks

Thomas Scharrer

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2011
Recover deleted text messages on iphones

I am a licensed private investigator and I can retrieve deleted text message, call logs, pics, video and other information off of any phone. I have in home kits or you can send your phone to my lab. Call 8 6 6 6 4 0 1 0 1 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.