Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iCheddar

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2007
South Dakota
And also where do they plug into my computer :p

Yeah, they just plug into the line out on your machine. If you have to, go into System Prefs and tell it where to output the sound. There are a few times when OS X isn't clever enough to figure out what you want where, but it's an easy setting to change.

Mike1527

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2009
Yeah, they just plug into the line out on your machine. If you have to, go into System Prefs and tell it where to output the sound. There are a few times when OS X isn't clever enough to figure out what you want where, but it's an easy setting to change.

Ok sounds good :). so actually i dont think it will really that bulky then. I thought there would be wires flying everywhere. well maybe in the back of my computer but i can deal :p

m0no

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2009
If you are willing to save and spend extra, the Audioengine A2's are great. I was able to get them for $150 shipped.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Ok, the Swan specs look really good but what about decent USB powered speakers? Are they all crap?

I know there isn't anything out there to rival the output of the swans without an external power source but has any manufacturer been able to put out something decent with portable speakers?
USB-Powered are never going to sound like A/C-powered. Check out LaCie's Speakers. Swan has made other speakers, some of them computer, it seems near impossible to get anything other then what is on TheAudioInsider's website though.

If you are willing to save and spend extra, the Audioengine A2's are great. I was able to get them for $150 shipped.
Swans are better, especially until you pair a sub with the AudioEngines, better to just buy some used monitors at that point.

Im sold, ordering Swans instead of 2300s.
Great choice.

Mike1527

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2009
So the only place to get them is Audioinsider.com? because I think they sold out of their september shipment..and i have to pre-order them for the october shipment...I wanted them now..:( but thats fine :D

Mike1527

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2009
what's the difference between the swan m10's and the m12's? Obvoiusly besides the look. and the m12 has a larger "woofer"

kinkster

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2008
I have Behringer MS40s and they're quite nice. I remember looking at various options when buying, including the M-Audios and Swans. Can't recall what made me pick the Behringers over them though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.