Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2003
California
I'm so mad at myself right now I could kill something. I was writing something for an online class in a window in Safari when I accidentally hit "command + w" and closed the window. I always copy the text (command + c) when I'm doing this, but accidentally copied something else before I closed it the window. Is there any way to view Finder's copy/paste history?

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
not without some help

To go back into the clipboard's history, you need more than Apple provides. If you don't have a clipboard extending type of program, you're out of luck this time. One such program is called, of all things, CopyPaste.

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2003
California
To go back into the clipboard's history, you need more than Apple provides. If you don't have a clipboard extending type of program, you're out of luck this time. One such program is called, of all things, CopyPaste.

Pretty much what I figured. Oh well. I found an app called Jumpcut (free). It's worked out very nicely so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.