Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
virividox said:
finally not schumi

Right. But whats the reason ?!? That the stupid ******* Montoya shoot him out of the race. And that during the SC phase. How stupid is Montoya ? And after the race I already can imagine his babyface saying it was Schumis fault. Schumi was the leader and he has to take care when driving behind.

I say it was on purpose. Because he said he wants to do this before. And thats not acceptable at all.

Belly-laughs

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2003
you wish
CmdrLaForge said:
Montoya shoots Schumi out of the race ! And that during the safety car phase ! Unbelievable.

To me it looked like Schumis own fault. He locked the brakes, hardly necessary. And that´s nothing the guy behind expects in a safety car situation.

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
russell's theory:

no schumacher = interesting race

bit gutted button didnt get the elusive victory but hat off to trulli though.

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
Belly-laughs said:
To me it looked like Schumis own fault. He locked the brakes, hardly necessary. And that´s nothing the guy behind expects in a safety car situation.

Are you blind ? Schumi was in lead. He makes the pace. Period. After several laps after the safety car you need to heaten up your brakes. Thats what he did. Montoya was much to near behing Schumi. If you look at Trulli - he had much much more distance. Again - I think it was on purpose.

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
hows about this for a new rule:

if anyone manages to take out schumacher, that person gets 10 bonus championship points.

it would give us crashes (= good) and no schumacher (= very good)

as you can probably tell i dont like him, i think he breeds dullness

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
russed said:
hows about this for a new rule:

if anyone manages to take out schumacher, that person gets 10 bonus championship points.

it would give us crashes (= good) and no schumacher (= very good)

as you can probably tell i dont like him, i think he breeds dullness

I really never heard such an un-sportive statement. Good that nearly nobody thinks like you.

Its not Schumis fault that its boring. Its the others fault

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
if i remember correctly - schumacher isnt the most sporting himself, thinking back to something like 1995, the last race of the season, he took out hill because he didnt want to be overtaken and thus lose the championship. i think that isnt the only time he has done it.

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
russed said:
if i remember correctly - schumacher isnt the most sporting himself, thinking back to something like 1995, the last race of the season, he took out hill because he didnt want to be overtaken and thus lose the championship. i think that isnt the only time he has done it.
Wrong Hill and Schu crashed in 1994. And no - that was not un-sportive.

Other thing was 1999 with Villneuve. That was not fair and he was punished by FIA.

But I was talking about you for your comments !!! And not about Montoya.

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
CmdrLaForge said:

it was schumachers fault though, i remember, it wasa right hand bend with schumi on the inside and hill on the outside, then schumi slammed his steering wheel all the way to the left, i remember this because i was watching it at the time and the papers were full of it. they took pictures from the on board camclearly showing he was steering left when he should be going right!

come on you really do have to admit he is a bit boring!

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
It's BILD Zeitung's fault...

russed said:
it was schumachers fault though, i remember, it wasa right hand bend with schumi on the inside and hill on the outside, then schumi slammed his steering wheel all the way to the left, i remember this because i was watching it at the time and the papers were full of it. they took pictures from the on board camclearly showing he was steering left when he should be going right!

come on you really do have to admit he is a bit boring!

It's pretty impossible to discuss such things with german people... if it was up to them, schumi would have a place in the church... I live in Germany, ooppps, I like this place :) :D ... Now I want to read comments about Ralf's fault ... or, was it Alonso? :D ... The BILD has done a monster from Montoya... since Brazil 2001! I like the way he drives...

Cheers!

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
virividox said:
What are your thoughts on this years gp?

Are you speaking from a certain link? If so don't see it.
I am a major F1 fan but since they moved the TV coverage to Speedvision I don't see the races anymore. I hear the occasional report but it's usually just the results of each race. I guess I need to find the "Difinitive" web site for it and play catch-up. :eek:

I can still remember Jackie Stewart running not only F1 but the old Can-Am series. Riverside was always one of my favorite tracks. I had a '67 Mini I raced in C-Sedan for a couple of years and had a ball.

Blackstealth

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2003
Bradford, UK
russed said:
...it wasa right hand bend with schumi on the inside and hill on the outside, then schumi slammed his steering wheel all the way to the left...

That's pretty much the way I remember it too, Schumi took Hill out. I was absolutely livid at the time.

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
ralf should lose his liscence, he is a liability he causes most of the crashes. well i suppose that is a good thing then. i wonder if schumi is a bit miffed with montoya? they dont like each other as it is!

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
Blackstealth said:
That's pretty much the way I remember it too, Schumi took Hill out. I was absolutely livid at the time.

at last someone is on my side! i remember at the time they showed a pic of schumi on a wall having just got out of the car looking quite happy with himself once he had heard hill had retired in the pits!

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
russed said:
if i remember correctly - schumacher isnt the most sporting himself,.

That's 'cos he's from the Prost and Senna school of racing ;) :p

Schumacher, had hit the wall and his car was damaged, all Hill had to do was wait till the next corner and he would have been through (no different to what Prost did to Senna at Suzuka in '89, and no where near as dangerous as what Senna did to Prost the following year at the same track) yet they never get the same degree of stick. :confused:

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
iGAV said:
That's 'cos he's from the Prost and Senna school of racing ;) :p

Schumacher, had hit the wall and his car was damaged, all Hill had to do was wait till the next corner and he would have been through (no different to what Prost did to Senna at Suzuka in '89, and no where near as dangerous as what Senna did to Prost the following year at the same track) yet they never get the same degree of stick. :confused:

Thanks iGAV. I have seen that race as well and and you are absolutly right about that incident.

But that was another time.

JFreak

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2003
Tampere, Finland
russed said:

that hill incident was in 1994, his first championship, and that has has given a bad name for all his achievements - because his legend started with bad sportsmanship.

the 1995 season was his, there's no comparison, really.

when he went to ferrari in 1996 he didn't have a car he could compete with, so there was little results for him. but again, in 1997 he tried to take villeneuve out in the last race. fortunately it was schumacher who had to retire from the race and villeneuve got the title.

and in 1998 & 1999 it was mika häkkinen who took the title in front of schumi, and hakkinen is still the last man who has succeeded in beating the man.

2000 - 2002 was ferrari's golden age. it was schumi who was the only one competing for the championship. but in 2003 he didn't really deserve the title, once again. it was the european gp where he spun off but the race stewards pushed him back to the race again, which gave him three points in the final results. but back in the 1989-1990 when ayrton senna and alain prost had similar battle between them, the "outsider help" was considered illegal and points were disqualified after the race. but now schumi got to keep his points giving him the title (because raikkonen was only two points behind after the season ended).

so schumi has only four titles in my book. that's plenty, and i'm not denying that he is one of the greatest. but because his career begun with a bad light, he is always the anti-hero.

this season is schumi's, there's no competition. that's why many of us europeans wish schumi to retire. the f1 isn't interesting anymore.

--

the reason of f1 being not interested is not schumi, in my opinion. it's because fia allows high-tech brakes in f1 cars. take a look at cart cars for example, they have such a bad brakes that it's really up to the driver how early one brakes when cornering. in f1 it's only up to the tyres how well you can brake, and there's not enough difference between cars and drivers. it was a 1982 champion keke rosberg who back in the year 2000 commented that current cars stop too easily and there would be much more competetition by simply reducing the braking force of the cars. no need to reduce engine power or aerodynamic grip - just make the braking more difficult and the skill of a driver jumps up. he also had an opinion of denying the use of automatic gear box, which i agree, but in my opinion his point about brakes was a bigger one.

schumi's not as good fellow as he pretends to be now. his career started badly. there has not been anyone that has behaved worse than schumi in the beginning of his career.

JFreak

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2003
Tampere, Finland
CmdrLaForge said:

Other thing was 1999 with Villneuve. That was not fair and he was punished by FIA.

hill - schu battle was indeed in 1994 but it was unsportive at the greatest degree! one point difference before the last race and schumi knowing he would have to retire, so he just took the rival out and thus took the title. he didn't deserve the title at all. thank god hill took the title in 1996.

the battle with villeneuve was in 1997 and thank god villeneuve took the title. schumi's action was just plain stupid.

in 1999 it was mika hakkinen who took the title for the second time, the first being in 1998.

kettle

macrumors 65816
CmdrLaForge said:

What the Schu did today is what he has always done, he brake tests his opponents, he was always doing it to Damon Hill because it was the only way he could keep ahead. The Schu would brake test on the sling shot corner before a passing place.

Hill could always find a smoother route through a corner due to a smoother throttle control, hill is at heart a bike racer, and this made him a very smooth F1 driver. The Schu on the other hand has a go-kart background using a "throw" your car around a corner and accelerate out in a straight a line possible making use of horse power advantages through the mid ranges. This is usually how the Schu seems to drive lesser powered/top speed cars better than opponents.

In the tunnel today, the Schu was trying to use foresight to his advantage, I think he was relying on the fact that the creator of a pile up usually gets to drive off scott free, today his tactical genius came up and bit him on the arse literally.

I laughed my flipping head off!!

While I'm at it, people who have a downer on Damon Hill.... Coulthard once said that anyone with the best car could win a World Championship, he has since spent his career disproving this point.

Which drivers have had best opportunity and done least with it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.