Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bjh1414

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
I may have gotten the best deal EVER on eBay.

I was just browsing, and i stumbled across 2 broken ipod mini's (4gb blue, and silver) for like $12 Buy it Now, $8 shipping. So i went ahead and made an offer of $7, and figured, if i got it, i might be able to make 1 working one.

here's the auction:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170383916022&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

So, it seemed that the seller had no clue what he/she was selling also.

I recieved the two in the mail, a week later, and i tried to power them on and nothing. So i plugged them in, and a charging sign came up, and im like YES! then i tried (after 2 min of charging) to turn them on, and i got the Apple logo, then PSHHH dead. same with the other, so i figured, meh, why not take one apart? so i took the silver one apart, everything looked great, and i plugged it in for kicks, then i unplugged it, and what do you know? It turned on! went right to the home screen, and the same for the other. so i now have 2 (count em 2) working iPods, for $15, and they will sell for $50-$60 EACH! w00t

bjh1414

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
So you can spend another 60-85 bucks on a 32gb Compact Flash card, and then rockbox it to give more control back. I have one with rockbox and 32gb card and its nice(SQ could be better, but rockbox makes it worth it).

Dude, i rockbox'd my ipod nano, and it was so cool, and ive herd about that mod with the 32gb cards :)

creon

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2009
You know what would be funny? If the poor chap who sold you this found your thread.

jamin100

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2008
A few weeks ago I brought 2 Airport Express which were boxed and like new from a car boot for £7.50 FOR THE TWO!!!!

Both were working great, upgraded them to the latest firmware and sold them on eBay for £50 each!!!

woop woop :)

bjh1414

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
A few weeks ago I brought 2 Airport Express which were boxed and like new from a car boot for £7.50 FOR THE TWO!!!!

Both were working great, upgraded them to the latest firmware and sold them on eBay for £50 each!!!

woop woop :)

"Watchu talkin' bout Willis?!?"

myfootonfire

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2009
I bought a 1st Gen Ipod classic for 7$ and 5$ shipping that was broken. When i got it i plugged it in, and it turned on! All it needed was to be restored.

bjh1414

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
I bought a 1st Gen Ipod classic for 7$ and 5$ shipping that was broken. When i got it i plugged it in, and it turned on! All it needed was to be restored.

pretty much the same thing here, people are just dumb :p

"i found this iPod in the basement, Oops it wont turn on, put in on eBay"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.