Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

khakiman

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2009
I need to know if it is possible to open two different folders that are in "MY Documents" folder at the same time so I can drag files from one to the other.
I'm use to doing this in windows and can't seem to do it on a mac. It won't let me open two at a time.

Thanks

ethical

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
I need to know if it is possible to open two different folders that are in "MY Documents" folder at the same time so I can drag files from one to the other.
I'm use to doing this in windows and can't seem to do it on a mac. It won't let me open two at a time.

Thanks

sure, several ways to do this....

1) When in Finder click File > New Finder Window

2) Right click on the Finder icon in the dock and select New Finder Window

3) Hold down the command key (left of the space bar) and click on the Documents icon in the sidebar of the Finder window already open.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
4) Double-click on your hard drive icon, then go to the first folder you want open. Do that again, only this time, go to the second one.

You can then close them both with one click on the red dot, while holding down the Option key (right click).

You can have as many windows open at once as you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.