Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

murdockrock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2009
i'm running a late 2007 imac... 2GHz intel core duo.
it's a silver one and came with the leopard upgrade.

i just installed SL and would like to get win7 going on it too...
aside from on here... i haven't found much info online about the best way to go about it.

i got as far as checking for bootcamp 3 on my SL disk... but it's not even there???

can anybody point me in the right direction or give me a step by step link on how to get this going with SL?
i've tried VM in the past and absolutely HATED IT.
i really want the boot camp thing to work out for me.
the whole 32bit vs 64bit thing also has me a little confused too...
am i 64 now that i have SL??? if i'm not do i need to be to run win7??

also... i'm currently using a apple exclusive firewire sound card (apogee duet)...
will i have to switch to my onboard card when using win7??? or will the bootcamp driver thingie that i don't have on my disk fix that up???

sorry if i sound like a boner guys...
as much as i'm loving SL this stuff made a lot more sense to me with 32bit leopard, xp and my onboard soundcard.

thanks in advance!!!
:eek:

murdockrock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2009
yeah... it's there...
but isn't there supposed to be some sort of bootcamp update thingie on my disk?
or am i just confused by the segmented information i did manage to find on the subject???

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
yeah... it's there...
but isn't there supposed to be some sort of bootcamp update thingie on my disk?
or am i just confused by the segmented information i did manage to find on the subject???
The Boot Camp Updater is for Leopard (i.e. Boot Camp 2) only. You have Snow Leopard... so don't worry about it. Also, it wouldn't be on your disk anyway, as it must be run from within Windows (unless you downloaded and saved it somewhere).

Alicia4065

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2005
NJ
I have a aluminum macbook I have Windows 7 64bit and SL disc will not load bootcamp drivers. When I had Windows 7 32bit SL disc loaded drivers with no problems.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I have a aluminum macbook I have Windows 7 64bit and SL disc will not load bootcamp drivers. When I had Windows 7 32bit SL disc loaded drivers with no problems.
Known issue, the drivers WILL install, but you have to manually browse the disc and launch the 64-bit installer. I don't know why this is the case, but it works.

Alicia4065

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2005
NJ
Known issue, the drivers WILL install, but you have to manually browse the disc and launch the 64-bit installer. I don't know why this is the case, but it works.

Thanks I will try it now.

Just finishing installing bootcamp 64bit drivers. The only thing not working well is my apple wired keyboard, the number pad can't use and sometimes hitting keys affect sound volume either going up or being muted. Otherwise all is working great, might just buy a windows keyboard for when I'm working in windows only need it for gaming.

murdockrock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2009
so does anybody have any info on how i should get this going???

how and where to find the nessecary driver ect...

or any info on if my sound card will be recognised???

will i need special drivers for my wacom tablet and video game controller as well??
or will the manufaturer drivers work for me?
apple keyboard??? webcam and mic??

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
so does anybody have any info on how i should get this going???

how and where to find the nessecary driver ect...

or any info on if my sound card will be recognised???

will i need special drivers for my wacom tablet and video game controller as well??
or will the manufaturer drivers work for me?
apple keyboard??? webcam and mic??

I'm assuming you've already installed Windows? If so, go into Windows and pop in your Snow Leopard DVD (or Leopard DVD if you don't have Snow Leopard) and click on Computer ---> right-click the Snow Leopard DVD and select Open. From there you should see a folder called Boot Camp, open it and you should find the BootCamp.exe installer, which will install all the drivers (yes, including the keyboard and whatnot). Just to be sure, after you've installed Boot Camp, run Windows Update to check for any newer drivers available.

You'll need to find the drivers for the Wacom Tablet and game controller yourself, but first try plugging them in and then running Windows Update (as it will sometimes find drivers/newer drivers for hardware like that).

murdockrock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2009
thanks stridder!!!

you rock dude!!!

regarding my sound card...

do the bootcamp drivers on my sl disk automaticaly enable the onboard card or the card i have set to default in osx???

windows drivers do not exist for the apogee and in osx it is my default.
will i need to change my default in osx before booting windows to enable sound win7???

cheers guys

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
thanks stridder!!!

you rock dude!!!

do the bootcamp drivers on my sl disk automaticaly enable the onboard card or the card i have set to default in osx???

will i need to change my default in osx before booting windows to enable sound win7???

cheers guys
Unfortunately, that won't work... you're going to be stuck with the onboard sound in Windows.

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
thanks stridder!!!

you rock dude!!!

cheers guys

No problem guy :) As for the firewire soundcard, I honestly can't say, as I don't really know enough on the subject. After looking at the site for the Apogee Duet, my best guess is you're going to be stuck with onboard sound in Windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.