Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erinnn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2009
Is there any way to add photos onto my ipod touch without deleting the photos that are already on there, if I no longer have the original syncing folder that housed the photos which are currently on my ipod?

I operated my ipod through my laptop, which has recently crashed. :( I cannot turn on the computer anymore to get to the folder that contained all my ipod's music and photos. I saw from previously answers to the similar question that using the SAME exact folder every time you sync your ipod is how not to delete all the photos. Is there anything I can do in my case?

I figured out how to manually add music so I was able to add music and not delete the old files that are now on my old laptop, is there anything that can be done for the photos too?

Please help if you can, I've recieved NO ANSWERS in the apple support forums and everywhere else I go :(
Thank you, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cinematographer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2005
far away
It might be easier to copy the pictures from the iPod to the computer first and start syncing then.

I have no idea how to do that. But there are a lot of threads about it here on macrumors.

erinnn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2009
It might be easier to copy the pictures from the iPod to the computer first and start syncing then.

So then start a new syncing folder and re-sync them with the new photos? Hmm... thats a good idea. Thanks, I will try to do some searching on how to do this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.