Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soppyc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2009
Hi all,

Please forgive me if im not in the right place and also for my lack of mac knowledge - i am recently new to mac, have bout a macpro and loving it BUT!! I am a Photographer and use CS3 for my editing and for some reason cant open/install it onto my mac!! This a huge prob as have deadlines etc which I need ,my photoshop for.

Ok so I put the disk in, double click the icon and it opens, i then double click on the ps cs3 icon and it comes up with an error message say ps cs3 blah blah blah quit unexpectdely. mac os x and other applications are not affected click relaunch to launch app again click report to see more details etc etc but it just wont relaunch :-(

can anyone help????

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2008
Berlin
Hi,
do you have Snow Leopard or Leopard. I'm not sure that CS3 is not supported on Snow Leopard.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Go to the Apple menu and choose About This Mac. That will tell you which version of the Mac OS you have.

10.5.x = Leopard
10.6.x = Snow Leopard

soppyc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2009
:rolleyes: thanks Its Mac OS x version 10.5.8

?

i have tried the disk again and still no joy :-(

anyone any ideas?

do mac have a help line i can call?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
You're going to be better off contacting Adobe support - they make Photoshop. Odds are Apple's help line won't be able to help you, given the situation you have.

However, I can offer some general advice for problems like this:
Make sure you're using the latest version of the installer. To check this, go to the product's site and look for any available updates.
Check your disk. Permission errors and file system errors can cause applications to not behave right. This can be done in Disk Utility.
Have you installed this application before? Did it work? If so, and it uses activation, make sure you don't have an activation conflict. Many activation methods limit the number of installations to 1 computer at a time, and require deauthorization on the first computer to move the install to a second computer.

soppyc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2009
thanks a lot i will have ago although I really am a dummy when it comes to these things.

i have just googled cs3 compatibility with leopard and it doesnt look great, looks like lots of people have had the same probs :-(.

Who knows which ps DOES work with leopard?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.