Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
I downloaded the demo and really like it. Unfortunately, it doesn't quite work with my wheel. When I go to manual mode, the 'gear shift' on the wheel doesn't actually shift the car. I have to use one of the buttons. And the pedals don't work, either. The gear shift is actually works the pedals. Is there a way to program the wheel so it works right? If so, I might buy this game. It's a good one.

Thanks :) Here is the setup guide, it is for the full game but it should hold true for the demo as well.

Edwin

Feral Interactive

jenifer123

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2012
As far as racing games go, there are hundreds of good PC racing games... take a quick look on EBay and you can pick up some great games. If online buying isn't an option just take a trip down to your local shops and have a look at what you like. When it comes to racing games there isn't really anywhere that you can go wrong, it all depends on what you like. If you are searching for simulator, you can play GTR2, GTL, rfactor etc.

Jeffylew77

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2012
Use bootcamp and download GRID off of steam. It has circuit, drifting, and sprint. My favorite racing game of all time

mtasquared

macrumors regular
May 3, 2012
I recommend TOCA Race Driver 3 for a touch of realism. As said before, lots of different cars and tracks (muscle cars, formula, GT, more) with respectively varying AI and physics. The graphics are amazing when turned up.

MacGamerHQ

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2012
Lyon, France
Hey!

As you said native, I think your best choices would be:

- The latest Dirt game from Feral (most have recommended this already)
- F1 2012: I'm not a F1 fan at all, but really liked the gameplay (great sense of speed) and has nice graphics.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Without plugging Feral games to much I would keep an eye out on the Feral site as we do have a few more racing games planned this year :)

Edwin

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
There is also Driver :SF which is mac native. It does not support any gamepads tho.
It's not a real racing game, but fun nonetheless.

symber

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2012
London
There is also Driver :SF which is mac native. It does not support any gamepads tho.
It's not a real racing game, but fun nonetheless.

Seconded. Bought this over the weekend for around £9 and it's great fun, looks ace in native display and has an interesting, if slightly ludicrous, Life On Mars-style bloke-in-a-coma storyline that allows for "shifting" between the bodies of all the drivers in the City.

Didn't realise it didn't support gamepads, though, which is a shame as I just bought a PS2 adaptor for that sole purpose.

Jedi

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
Hopefully "GRID" will be available on Apple`s "App Store" , I just hope it is not overpriced :eek:

I think 29.99 would be a fair price.

What do you think ? ( All opinions welcome :) )

App Store release ?

Price ?

Gary 

PS:

F1 2012 , WAS , on sale yesterday , now it is back to it`s full price , even though "Feral`s" website states 32.50 for download versus 49.99 @ Apple`s - App Store :confused:

PS: #2

Does anyone now of a way to find App Stores sales when ever they have software that goes on sale ?

TY/ME :D

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009
TORCS - it is a FOSS game and worth a look, as is vDrift; both have OSX builds.

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011
Hopefully "GRID" will be available on Apple`s "App Store" , I just hope it is not overpriced :eek:

What do you think ? ( All opinions welcome :) )

App Store release ?

Price ?

Gary 

PS:

F1 2012 , WAS , on sale yesterday , now it is back to it`s full price , even though "Feral`s" website states 32.50 for download versus 49.99 @ Apple`s - App Store :confused:

PS: #2

Does anyone now of a way to find App Stores sales when ever they have software that goes on sale ?

TY/ME :D

Agreed. Considering that GRID 2 is near to release (not for Mac, though), GRID shouldn't exceed the 30 price limit.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Hopefully "GRID" will be available on Apple`s "App Store"

All Feral games are released on the Mac App Store so no need to hope, if it's a Feral game it will be in the MAS.

http://www.feralinteractive.com/en/news/361/

, I just hope it is not overpriced :eek:

It's only $25 (you can keep the 4.99 ;) ) and comes with all the DLC packs. The PC release never had the DLC cars or tracks so you get extra content over the Windows release.

For Feral games follow our twitter or facebook page, we often have flash sales around games. The F1 2012 deal you missed was on for a few days to celebrate the start of the F1 season.

Edwin

Jedi

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
Thanks for the info "edddeduck" , I guess this might be a good reason to join Twitter and or Facebook.

$24.99 , thats good , thanks for the info :)

Are you aware of any upcoming sale for SM Pirates and or SM Railroad ?

Anyway , thanks :)

Take care, :D

Gary 

Spikeywan

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2012
F1 2012 is awesome on a rMPB! Especially with with a force feedback steering wheel. I have a Logitech Driving Force GT, and it has me taking a bite out of my seat every time I go through Eau Rouge flat out.

Aspyr-Blair

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2012
Austin Tx

You can go to GameAgent.com and sign up for deal alerts on all your favorites. We have alerts from the MacAppStore and Amazon for over 200 Mac games, including our own and Feral's fine catalogues.

GameAgent will also tell you which of those games will likely run on your computer with the nifty MacMatch feature. :apple:

Jedi

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
Not right now but I am sure one will happen at some point :)

Thanks for the info :)

When I think of how I paid 50 bucks way back in `89 for the PC version of Pirates , 20 bucks is a steal anyway !

I remember really liking that game , have never tried Railroad , but have always been a railroad and train fan/

Later :)

Gary 

Jedi

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
Thanks for the link "Aspyr-Blair" . I`ll check it out :D

Take care , :)

Gary 

ianwuk

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2010
Test Drive Unlimited and Grand Prix 5.

Both are old, not native to OSX (use Bootcamp) but are both, in my opinion, still great to play.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
I am going to get all three of 'em, hopefully with wheel support (ff).

Games all have FFB but the OS does not :( However if you happen to install the FFB kext from Snow Leopard then FFB will work fine with Logitech wheels. It's not official so we don't host any instructions on how to do this however...

JaguarGod has a page on his website with step by step instructions. He also makes a pretty cool racing simulator that you should check out once you have had your fill of Dirt, GRID and F1 2012 :)

Edwin

iF34R

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2011
South Carolina
Games all have FFB but the OS does not :( However if you happen to install the FFB kext from Snow Leopard then FFB will work fine with Logitech wheels. It's not official so we don't host any instructions on how to do this however...

JaguarGod has a page on his website with step by step instructions. He also makes a pretty cool racing simulator that you should check out once you have had your fill of Dirt, GRID and F1 2012 :)

Edwin

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely check it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.