Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vader1990

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
Hi,

So I'm a college student, who runs a lot at the gym, also I have a small hike to my classes everyday, so I listen to, on average about an hour - 2 hours of music on my iPhone per day. I would like to invest in some good QUALITY--like good sound quality headphones.

I dont mind the ones I got free with the 3G, but they're kinda dying now, and I would like something that has a little bit of bass to it, if possible, haha. Basically, I want something that will last me a while [college student so can't keep making investments :p], but also have a high quality of sound.

Feel free to throw stuff out at varying price levels, no real set budget as of now.

Thanks!!

zoomin6

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2009
I LOVE my skull candy Ink'd headphones...can't go wrong with $20 a piece and sound quality is great.

walter..

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
What's reasonable???

I know people who think that $20 headphones are expensive, and people who think that anything under $100 is cheap.

I'm in the middle. I like NuForce and Ultimate Ears buds in that middle price range. Got them through Amazon, where they got excellent reviews (better than skull candy, far better than the OEM Apple buds).

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
As a Shure Fan Boy, the Shure SE110 is a POS.

That's why you get the SE530 :D

I think that's the best headphone at a reasonable price. I think I'm the only fool who paid full price for it. :eek:

It can be found online for half of the MSRP.

Yes the SE110 is pretty bad. SE210 is the lowest anyone should go with Shure.

Etymotic ER-6i and Sennheiser CX-300 are other low price earphones at a good price. As far as sound quality goes the quality per dollar spending is logarithmic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.