Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Numbski

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2004
St. Louis
I don't think mini-pci has all of the same lines as standard pci...I'm trying to remember off-hand what the differences are. Some will work, but only the ones that don't utilize the extra traces.

The other problem becomes of course driver support for whatever pci device you're wanting to plug in.

mimacx

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2004
old g3 imacs

I've been looking at the g3 350mhz imac and find out something on the board that could be the pll clock signal chip.

It as the reference IMI C5002BYB 0032 T3010

Anyone know what can be done with this?

lbodnar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2004
UK
Fan control

Have lately attached one of those variable fan speed controllers to my 800->1.33 eMac's fan. Set it for nearly silent operation (quiter than HDD + internal PSU humming). At room temperature (OAT) 22C exhaust air (EGT) has increased from 35C to 43C. I have no adverse effect on stability at virtually silent operation @ 100% load!

I just love those eMacs!:D

Phillip

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2003
that was a great article :D

i want an emac over my imac 15" now... :(

can i over-clock my imac 15" 700 g4???

mimacx

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2004
IMIC5002BYB Settings

I think these are the FSEL for this chip but i'm not shure about the FSEL order...

Attachments

• imi.jpg
    imi.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 361

h8full1OSU

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2004
Will this hack work for a 700mhz eMac?

Kinda new to macs and not very familiar with the "technical" end of things. I'm not going to get a new mac until fall and would like to put a little more life into my eMAc. Any suggestions would be appreciated in helping me facilitate this hack.

mydany

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2004
more speed

Thanks Ibodnar. I have 1ghz emac now running at 1.27 ghz with no problems!! I also installed a new 120 gig western digital hard drive and installed a pioneer dvd burner. My xbench score is 119 up from 100!!! Any one know how to get more performance from the video card or even make increase the bus from 133 to 167????? Thanks again.

windowsblowsass

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2004
pa
any one know if its possible to change the graphics card in the emac the radeon 7500 is a little slow would it be possible to pop a new video card in the agp slot

bigbadmac

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2004
Washington State
AGP Slot???

windowsblowsass said:
any one know if its possible to change the graphics card in the emac the radeon 7500 is a little slow would it be possible to pop a new video card in the agp slot

Actually, there are no AGP or PCI "slots". The graphics chip is soldered directly to the MB. Sorry...you got what you got...be happy! :rolleyes:

Numbski

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2004
St. Louis
Hey guys, I'm back!

Did you miss me? I know you did. :p

I didn't get a chance to clock up the bus speed on the imac 800 yet. I got evicted, then started to buy the house, then got evicted again, bought another house (3 weeks till closing), moved out of state, and after closing I'm moving back!

I just got my hands on a 233 Bondi, and I'm going to be overclocking it as well . :) It's going to my sister and her kids, so the soldering iron is back on the prowl again, and after seeing the CPU daughter card for the Bondi, I think I finally understand what I need to do to finishing clocking up to 1.33Ghz on the 800, but I get the sinking suspicion that a peltier cooler and possibly an external power supply will be required. I think I'd just be thrilled with ~900mHz@133mHz frontside bus.

Anyway, I'm back on the case. :) Also considering upgrading to a G4 433 in the bondi, and then trying to overclock from there. Who knows?

windowsblowsass

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2004
pa
bigbadmac said:
Actually, there are no AGP or PCI "slots". The graphics chip is soldered directly to the MB. Sorry...you got what you got...be happy! :rolleyes:
according to an apple history webpage forget whitch one
there is 1 agp slot that is filled with a vid card i dk if this is true but i was hoping someone who was more familiar with inside the emac could help me i dont want no stinking 7500m

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
windowsblowsass said:
according to an apple history webpage forget whitch one
there is 1 agp slot that is filled with a vid card i dk if this is true but i was hoping someone who was more familiar with inside the emac could help me i dont want no stinking 7500m

7500's are decent live with it

there is an agp bus on an emac but the card is part of the logic board so unless you feel like finding the circet traces soldering on an agp slot and modding the emac so one fits and dose not overheat live with it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.