Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Goona

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
What do I do? I'm charging it but it won't turn on. My whole life is on that phone. Aaaaaaaaaaaaah. If when i take it to the Apple store tomorrow, will they give me one to use and how will I be able to get my info from the phone i think is dead onto that one?

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Reboot the phone by holding down the power and home buttons at the same time. Wait until you see the silver apple.

If that doesn't work, try this: First open iTunes and connect your USB cord to your computer, but do not plug it into your iPhone. Then press and hold the home button on your phone while connecting the USB cord into your iPhone, while continuing to hold down the home button. Then click restore in iTunes.

jfresh23

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2010
in Ga
omg this wrks

Reboot the phone by holding down the power and home buttons at the same time. Wait until you see the silver apple.

If that doesn't work, try this: First open iTunes and connect your USB cord to your computer, but do not plug it into your iPhone. Then press and hold the home button on your phone while connecting the USB cord into your iPhone, while continuing to hold down the home button. Then click restore in iTunes.

I was so scared my phone wouldnt wrk i had it plugged up to my computer and everything and i finally did what u said and it worked i just wanna say thank you so muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...:):D:D

marshall292

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2010
my iphone wont turn on!!!

my iphone 3gs would not turn on this afternoon!!
it was nearly fully charged so it wasnt down to a flat battery!
luckily after googling the problem found this site and read that if u press the on/off button and the home button at the same time it should eventually turn on! and guess what! it did! yeaaa

Thanks a lot ppl :)

Ishak6

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2010
It's not working!

For any reason my iPhone won't switch on, I've followed the instructions (power and home buttons) but it is not working... argh! ...

HELP!!!

Sooty12

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2010
Thank you - Thank you - Thank you....

My electric cut off this pm and my iPhone was charging - hasn't been on since - until I found your site and help that it.....

Many thanks x

Larkee

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2010
i did wat you said...(hold the sleep and home button and connect to the computer) but my iphone styl wont turn on..it was connected to the computer last night and when i took it out...it wont turn on again...what shud i do?

misscvg

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2010
:(
I was so scared my phone wouldnt wrk i had it plugged up to my computer and everything and i finally did what u said and it worked i just wanna say thank you so muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...:):D:D

thank you so much for this info, i was seriously worried when i couldnt turn my iphone on.... :(
i googled and read your answer which has worked. Thankyou so much :):):):)

pearltt

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2009

Thanks!!!....saved me a trip to Apple.

Fargus

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2010

Thank you so much! Mine was stuck on the apple loading screen and wouldn't do anything. I even took it to the ATT store and they told me there was nothing they could do and an Apple store might be able to help me. Tried this and it works like a champ!

kaiross

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2010
Having similar problem but afraid to update to new iTunes

I tried the restore sequence above and it worked well. My problem is that I'm reluctant to upgrade to iTunes 10.0.2 because I'm using a jailbroken phone (3G on T-Mobile, broken with Jailbreakme.com and unlocked with Ultrasn0w) and have heard that it will not work with the new iTunes. I'm perf. happy using 9.2.1 as my itunes version but is there a way to restore to this older version of itunes?

Anyone else have issues with a JB phone and newer iTunes releases?

Thanks, and I apologize in advance if my JB phone question is out of bounds.

Cheers.

bouni

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2011
i did what you said put still not working it does go through restoring the iphone but at the end it give me an error.. plz does anybody know what should i do????

roger123

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2012
iPhone backup

What do I do? I'm charging it but it won't turn on. My whole life is on that phone. Aaaaaaaaaaaaah. If when i take it to the Apple store tomorrow, will they give me one to use and how will I be able to get my info from the phone i think is dead onto that one?

Hi there!
If your iPhone is not turning on then it doesn't mean that it is completely dead. You can try the following steps to turn it on:
1.Turn it On/Restart
2.Press Hold and Home button together
3.Change your phone
4.Restore to factory settings

Or you can take more help here - (http://ipod.about.com/od/iphonetroubleshooting/qt/My-Iphone-Wont-Turn-On-Help.htm)

Howvere, any iPhone, iPod or iPad users must be careful and always keep updated backup of the device data to prevent any situation of the device corruption and thus the data loss.
Source: http://www.iphonebackupsoftware.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.