Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

radioBirdman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2009
Hi folks. New to the forums and new to iPhone. I have just upgraded from a 4G iPod 20GB and a SE phone to a lovely new 16GB 3GS.
I've 'made it ra1n' and installed a few bits and pieces from Cydia. I particularly like the ability to skin etc once jail-broken.
So my problem - I have installed Categories v2.27 and made 4 folders for my homescreen. My intention is to have ALL my icons inside the folders except for 3 accross the bottom - Phone, Mail and iPod.
However, my Camera and Photos icon remain on the home screen. I have added them to a category and re-sprung, but they are still there on the home screen AND inside the folder.
What is also odd about these icons is that they appear as question marks within the categories app. They appear as normal on the Home screen and in the folder, but yeah, they are question marks in the list in Categories. The iPod icon is a question mark too, but for now I want to leave it in the default spot.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
I have emptied the folders and removed Categories and then re-done it all but those 2 icons still behave this way.
I even tried buying the CategoriesSB mod for 99c incase it might fix it but it did not.
Any help would be very greatly appreciated!

edit - I found this has happened to someone else (a fellow aussie on whirpool - http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/1319383.html ) but I don't think I deleted any folders with icons in them like that person syas they did. I might have, but I odn't think I did.

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
Workaround

If you use SBSettings (which is highly recommended), you can hide icons under "more" settings to hide those stubborn icons. It should still show within categories folders

radioBirdman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2009
If you use SBSettings (which is highly recommended), you can hide icons under "more" settings to hide those stubborn icons. It should still show within categories folders

thanks. I ended up doing exactly that earlier today, but I thought I'd leave the topic as is to see if there is a fix.

It's funny it's exactly the 3 same icons as the poster on whirpool forums too....???

I am just now learning to SSH themes etc, so I might find a way to sort it out properly....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.