Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 26, 2009, 07:56 AM   #1
MacBoobsPro
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to MacBoobsPro
How to Page curl a PDF?

The bosses at work want a page curl effect on the PDFs we upload to the site. You know so it looks like a real book.

Anyhoo... the site is nearing completion and we are no where near sorting this page curl effect thing because its proving almost impossible to find anything that will work as intended.

Can anyone tell me where I may find an OSX app or plugin (Quark or Acrobat) that will allow me to create a PDF with the page curl effect?

I have spent days on google looking and while there are one or two options they are ridiculously expensive including 2.50 per page and 750 for an app.

I am under the impression that Acrobat 9 has this page curl effect built in? How well does it work? Would the transition remain embedded in a PDF once we upload it to a server? InDesign CS4 also has this ability but everything is done in Quark 7 and would take a herculean effort to get everything onto InDesign.

We only have Design Standard CS3 (Acrobat 8 & Indesign CS3) and Quark 7. Is there anything I can conjure up with these apps?

I'm open to other options like using Keynote (if possible) or some other app as long as its not stupidly expensive and or too complicated and produces either a PDF or SWF that we can then create hotspots for links.

Hope someone can help!

Last edited by MacBoobsPro; Nov 26, 2009 at 08:02 AM.
MacBoobsPro is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics