Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SamSchneeberger

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
Hi there,

I searched apple and this forum for some time and haven't found my awnser so I'll make a new thread.

I fired up iTunes one day and it told me my 5.5 classic Ipod was corrupt and I needed to restore, but the Ipod still works just fine and has all its content on it. How can I get my music off? I remember on windows you could access the MP3 files through my computer, but can you do that in Mac OSX?

Thanks,
Sam

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
expod or Senuti to copy the music off.

Maybe enabling Disk use is necessary.

HT1783itunes7_enable.jpg

SamSchneeberger

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
Tried expod and senuti and they don't recognise the ipod anymore.

Itunes tells me the ipod is corrupt and I can only click on restore. All other options in itunes are gone. I really need to get the songs off before I restore. My CD's are half way around the globe.

How can I dig into the ipod files?

SamSchneeberger

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
Thanks, I've tried close to 10 ipod programs and they all don't recognize the iPOD. Even iTunes sometimes wont find the ipod.

Stellar Pheonix Ipod recovery found the ipod, but don't know if I want to cough up $40. Any other similar free programs?

Sam,

yoppie

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2007
Pod to Mac is free and will get music off the iPod. I used it over the weekend and had no problems. It's slower than Senuti but it's free whereas Senuti is not.

Pod to Mac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.