Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

julianna1973

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
Scotland
I set up my mums ipod nano thru my imac itunes. Now she has an ipod touch, she wants everything to be on her windows itunes library & manage it herself. So im trying to get the songs which are on the nano, onto her library & then her touch!!!

What free program is there like expod which will allow me to do this? I have tried searching on here but no luck & the only one i found elsewhere wasnt free & the trial version would only allow for 10 songs to be transferred.

instaxgirl

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Edinburgh, UK
Ah well here's a link telling you how to copy the files straight off the iPod in Vista. If she's got Windows 7 I'm sure googling "hidden files iPod windows 7" will bring up a tutorial

http://www.askstudent.com/general/how-to-extract-songs-off-your-ipod-using-itunes/

I used to always just tell people how to drag the files straight off their iPod but no one ever listened. Everyone just wants software to do it for them :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I always use this method and it's worked great for me :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.