Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grosslyclever

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
Hello all,

Important Story:

One day, after using my ipod for over 2 years I charged it to full battery. I listened to some music as always, then all of the sudden it shuts off! I reset it and it just kept turning on and off, on and off. Finally I got it to stop turning on a off, but instead it said "Please wait, very low battery". After charging the battery again, to full power, it worked fine, then the same thing happened...over and over and over.

I have an ipod video black 5g.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
GC

pukifloyd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
Scottsdale
Your batter is dead. If you want to replace it check out www.ifixit.com or take it to apple store. Apple will charge $60(not sure)...and you can do it for half the price from ifixit.

If I were you I'd use this ipod as an external hard disk or sell it on ebay and buy a new ipod touch:D

appledyl

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2009
USA
just get an old portable cassette player and a tape deck with giant speakers. They WORK MUCH BETTER!!!! :) and they're cheap and easily recordable.

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
I've gotten a few of these with this same problem, leaving it on the charger doesn't help since it can't get to the part in the boot process where it can charge. Get a new battery and that should be able to fix it. I have seen batteries for $10 on eBay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.