Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tuhoops

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
Anyone else experiencing this: The app store indicates there is an update available for XYZ app, now version 2.6. You click the the update button, but it downloads the same 2.5 version of the app. You go back to the app store, and still, it shows that the 2.6 version update is available. You click update, same thing happens. What's up? It has been doing this now for several days and with many different apps. It is doing it right now for Motion X GPS Drive. Am I doing something wrong? What gives?

return7

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
Yep, it's pretty irritating. I emailed the iTunes Connect team about it earlier tonight.

vega07

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2006
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

I have experienced it very frequently lately.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
For the last few days I've been seeing this when updating on both the Touch and iPhone 3Gs. For me, it's always when I try to load updates around or after midnite US EST, when the updates first go up. When I try again in the morning, everything goes well.

Beefburga

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2009
Me too

For the last few days I've been seeing this when updating on both the Touch and iPhone 3Gs. For me, it's always when I try to load updates around or after midnite US EST, when the updates first go up. When I try again in the morning, everything goes well.

I find that if I have an update, if i leave it till the following day to update it updates first time.

techwarrior

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2009
Colorado
Yup. Been experiencing this for a few weeks now. A minor annoyance, but I generally use Update All, so I will often just wait for a few updates and it eventually disappears from the list.

JustLeft

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
I opened a ticket with Apple 1 week ago and have supplied them with a lot of background information on the problem and the suspected cause. I have also included links to the postings on this forum to indicate that this is not an isolated issue.

They have assured me they are testing this issue and will notify me upon resolution. Will post anything that I hear back from them.

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
I opened a ticket with Apple 1 week ago and have supplied them with a lot of background information on the problem and the suspected cause. I have also included links to the postings on this forum to indicate that this is not an isolated issue.

They have assured me they are testing this issue and will notify me upon resolution. Will post anything that I hear back from them.

This bug is ridiculous. It is so damn annoying too! Please post if they contacted you

JustLeft

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
Got a response today, the key part of the reply - I would like to assure you that our engineers are currently investigating the issue that you have reported. I will contact you as soon as they have completed their investigation and more information is available to me.

I will provide updates as I get them.

This bug is ridiculous. It is so damn annoying too! Please post if they contacted you

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
I had assumed that it just took time for the servers to catch up with the change in description, but it does seem like they should be able to keep notification from happening if the file isn't yet out there.

Yesterday I had this trouble with several apps, but for this discussion, the most ironic one was the update to Apple's own iDisk. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.