Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macboy4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 17, 2009
I was making some changes to my user account and I notice an application in Login Items called "Monitor". I've never heard of this and I couldn't find anything online.

Anybody know what this is?

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
In the Login Items pane, you can highlight an item, then right click (or control-click) to select Reveal in Finder. The window that the item is in will then open.

macboy4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 17, 2009
In the Login Items pane, you can highlight an item, then right click (or control-click) to select Reveal in Finder. The window that the item is in will then open.

Unfortunately, I already removed it and I don't see it as an option when I click "+".

calderone

Cancelled
Aug 28, 2009
Unfortunately, I already removed it and I don't see it as an option when I click "+".

To see it as an option, you have to navigate to its location. Since you removed it, you won't be able to find it unless you do a search in Finder.

shifty50

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2009
might be related...

Did you happen to install a LeapFrogConnect app recently? LeapFrog like the interactive children's toys? My son got some talking dog today that requires computer customization, and after I installed the LFC app, I now have 'Monitor' in my Login Items.

Revealing in Finder shows 'Apps/LeapFrogConnect/Contents/Monitor'

Hope this helps. Oh and Merry Xmas!

Bob6stringer

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2009
"Monitor" Longin item - Yup - Gotta be Leapfrog

Did you happen to install a LeapFrogConnect app recently? LeapFrog like the interactive children's toys? My son got some talking dog today that requires computer customization, and after I installed the LFC app, I now have 'Monitor' in my Login Items.

Revealing in Finder shows 'Apps/LeapFrogConnect/Contents/Monitor'

Hope this helps. Oh and Merry Xmas!

I just had the same issue, finding "Monitor" in y login items. And I have confirmed its origin is the LeapFrog Connect software. Which never worked correctly -- and which LeapFrog will not support. (They stopped responding to the e-mail support thread we had going. I won't be buying my kid anything from them again, of course.)

raydot

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2010
LeapFrog Connect

I can confirm this comes from LeapFrog connect. I was able to get it working but it kinda just does a whole lot of nothing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.