Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmf109

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
My sister just bought a new white MacBook. For some reason, iPhoto will not see her Kodak Z915 camera. I have been able to get iPhoto to launch when the camera is connected, but it does not show up under devices.

I searched the web and found how to have Image Capture see it. With Image Capture, the camera appears under devices.

Weird thing, iPhoto does see my Kodak V1003.

Also weird, my MacBook running Tiger sees both cameras as devices with iPhoto.

Any idea what is keeping her new Mac's iPhoto from seeing the Z915?!?

DewGuy1999

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2009
Does it show up in System Profiler? Is her camera set to the proper setting for downloading? Have you tried a different USB cable? Have you tried both USB ports? Have you tried turning her camera off/on while connected? Have you tried shutting down and then starting back up the MacBook? Does her camera work with another Mac or a PC?

dmf109

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
Does it show up in System Profiler?

Did not try

Is her camera set to the proper setting for downloading?

Yes

Have you tried a different USB cable? Have you tried both USB ports?

I don't have another one here.

Have you tried turning her camera off/on while connected?

Yes, multiple times.

Have you tried shutting down and then starting back up the MacBook?

Yes

Does her camera work with another Mac or a PC?

Works correctly with my MacBook running Tiger.

Is there a new Leopard setting I am missing???

iRach

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2009
I have the same problem, my macbook won't recognise my old finepix 401 camera. I'm assuming it's because it's so old, I have tried using its dock and direct usb cable with no luck.
Even my hubbys old pc hates it, we have to use the card to download photos. Bloody hell!

DewGuy1999

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2009
I have the same problem, my macbook won't recognise my old finepix 401 camera. I'm assuming it's because it's so old, I have tried using its dock and direct usb cable with no luck.
Even my hubbys old pc hates it, we have to use the card to download photos. Bloody hell!

I Googled around a bit for your camera and iPhoto, and at the time of OS X 10.2.8 and 10.3 it was listed by Apple as compatible. There was also a MacUser (UK) review that indicated it worked with OS X 10.2.1. So, has it ever worked for you under OS X? Have you tried the things mentioned in this thread to get it to show up?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.