Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madazrex

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2009
weeton lancs uk
hello you lot i was just wondering if there is a way exporting your photo book

out of iphoto to use else where to get printed off ?

outher than using apple

and are there any better printing companines out there that yiou can serjest for this.\

thanks

jason

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
I believe the answer is "Yes", but I'm going by a dim memory here. First, I suggest you go to the Apple Support forums on Apple.com and search there.... full of good information. I think the answer is that the iBook file is really a package, and that if you look inside the package there is a PDF file with your book. But, as I said - look at the Apple support forums for the answers. Good Luck.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
i personally don't think you can do that b/c Apple makes a ton of money from it. I think it's the only built in feature. I just built 3 calendars and a photobook for Christmas and the only option I saw was to order.

admwright

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2008
Scotland
Yes, you can do this by printing the book. Open the book in iPhoto and select File / Print and then save as a pdf. Once you have the pdf you can do what you like with it.

neutrino23

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2003
SF Bay area
You can look at iBlurb.com as another source for printing books. There are some others. The books from Apple are very, very nice. What you might find at other sites are other options Apple doesn't offer such as page sizes or binding styles.

cdcastillo

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
The cesspit of civilization
Yes, but it´s limited

The only option is to export it as a PDF, so you can rint it elsewhere. However, it´s only the inner part of the book that is useful, the rest if the book is another story (covers, binding, etc).

09iMac=Fail

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2009
You can look at iBlurb.com as another source for printing books. There are some others. The books from Apple are very, very nice. What you might find at other sites are other options Apple doesn't offer such as page sizes or binding styles.

Did you mean http://www.blurb.com?

I have made books through Apple and Blurb. I strongly recommend Blurb! My book from Apple had small black smudges here and there. The Blurb book was the same level of quality, offered a ton more options in the design aspect, and was $30 cheaper for a larger book. Go figure. Just my $.02, go with Blurb!

madazrex

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2009
weeton lancs uk
thank you so much

verry helpful ive not notice that pepole had replied to this

thats fantastic and that would be good to covert it to pdf.

and that i ment was so that you could use outher sources other than apple

on that one will have a try with the pdf and go from there

thanks for the input

jason

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.