Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

corban123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
Ok guys, so for some reason, my iphone has been acting up strangely. Whenever i turn the screen sideways, like on the internet or texting, the screen doesnt turn with it! Also, when i play that game where you bounce the character up the screen, and control it by turning the screen left or right, it doesnt seem to respond either. Please help! My Iphone is 2g, and its out of warranty, and i really dont want to spend 200$ on a new one D:

corban123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
lol woops, probably shouldve spell checked my message. I meant iphone, sorry for that D:

Btw, im thinking about getting an appointment at the genius bar, although my iphone is unlocked/jailbroken. How do i virginize my iphone so they ttake it in

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
your ipod? this is the iphone section, no one will help you here.

Wrong. You act like he's trying to do something illegal.

lol woops, probably shouldve spell checked my message. I meant iphone, sorry for that D:

Btw, im thinking about getting an appointment at the genius bar, although my iphone is unlocked/jailbroken. How do i virginize my iphone so they ttake it in

Your accelerometer is probably broke. You could try restoring. I doubt you'll fix it though. Also, there's an app called Checkup which will show you somewhat if the accelerometer is working.

You just restore it to virginize it.

corban123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
so what should i do btw? Im not willing to pay the 200$ out of warranty for the accelerometer D:

corban123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
nope, no water damage

Edit: Just downloaded and tried using the checkup. Oddly, when i went into accelerator, all the specs diddnt show up o_O

NathanA

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008
You didn't accidentally install and then leave Rotation Inhibitor on, did you? ;) (Assuming you're jailbroken, of course.)

It does sound like the accelerometer is toast, but I would still do a full restore of the latest software and set it up as a new phone (no backup restore), just to be sure.

-- Nathan

corban123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
nah, i turned off rotation inhibitor a while back, but still nothing. HEEELPPPP i dont think i can get a replacement unless i pay around 200$ which i cant do D:

1ofthedavids

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2009
Did you do a restore like aggie said? That's the best thing to do, especially if you're going to go in to Apple.

Cancelled
Mar 28, 2008
If it's out of warranty, you might be able to get an out-of-warranty battery replacement.

They generally don't check everything.

Just tell them your battery is under 50%, pay $79, and they'll hit you up with a refurbished one.

Cancelled
Mar 28, 2008
They're not going to fix your accelerometer unless you pay them $200.

Or, you can disguise it as a Battery Replacement and get it for $79. Your battery is probably under half anywho.

corban123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
So what do I say to the guys at the genius bar, " hey man, my iPhones battery is uner 50%, replace it forme, here's 80$" ?

DPA

macrumors 65816
After you have tried the aforementioned complete restore and using the Checkup utility, then you can attempt the battery replacement theory but I do not support it as it is a way of scamming Apple. We shouldn't help you do this but sadly some people have already done so.

DPA

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.