Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Hi guys.

Every few days I keep getting this error message and find my Push Notifications do not work until I reboot. Rebooting does fix this, for a time, but the problem returns.

I am jailbroken, as may be obvious. I am not unlocked and am on AT&T. I can't figure out what is causing the problem. I have a list of all JB apps that I have if needed, but I am not sure what would cause this. Mostly I have some modest visual tweaks and some lockinfo addons. It's rather annoying.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Yeah, connecting to iTunes does nothing. I have to reboot. I've restored once and the problem returned a few weeks later.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Anymore insights from you folks? I did a fresh restore yesterday and rebuilt my app list and JB setup from scratch and just got the notification error again.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Anymore insights from you folks? I did a fresh restore yesterday and rebuilt my app list and JB setup from scratch and just got the notification error again.

Did you restore from backup? That can perpetuate issues even after a restore. Try restoring and setting up as a new phone, syncing only one (push-enabled) app, and running it unjailbroken for a while to see if you get the same problem. If you do, then take it to the geniuses; if you don't, sync your remaining apps one at a time until the problem appears. If the problem does not reappear, then re-jailbreak your phone and install your jailbreak apps one at a time. If you still don't have the problem, then you're home free.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Thanks for the help. I did set it up as new, not using a backup. I didn't even use the pkg backup for restoring JB apps. (Talk about time consuming!)

I guess I'll give that a shot when I have some more time to kill. Ugh.

msahadi

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2010
This is not true. The OP has an officially-activated AT&T phone, and does not need any sort of push fix. What you're talking about only applies to hacktivated phones.

Sorry about that. I missed the fact that his phone is officially-activated.

paj

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2003
USA
Hi guys.

Every few days I keep getting this error message and find my Push Notifications do not work until I reboot. Rebooting does fix this, for a time, but the problem returns.

I am jailbroken, as may be obvious. I am not unlocked and am on AT&T. I can't figure out what is causing the problem. I have a list of all JB apps that I have if needed, but I am not sure what would cause this. Mostly I have some modest visual tweaks and some lockinfo addons. It's rather annoying.

Do you have AutoSilent installed? That app will cause the issue whenever a profile is active.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Do you have AutoSilent installed? That app will cause the issue whenever a profile is active.

Yes, I do. Hmm, that could be the problem then, thanks! Do you know if any of the other schedule—silencing apps suffer from this problem? Or is this not a problem but a feature to avoid alerts while silenced?

I'm not locked into AS. It works great 90% of the time, but 10% it does not.

paj

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2003
USA
Yes, I do. Hmm, that could be the problem then, thanks! Do you know if any of the other schedule—silencing apps suffer from this problem? Or is this not a problem but a feature to avoid alerts while silenced?

I'm not locked into AS. It works great 90% of the time, but 10% it does not.

"My Profiles" from Rock Your Phone doesn't have the issue, but it's non-intuitive and can be buggy. It also doesn't have the calendar options. That's why I switched to Auto Silent.

I haven't seen any other complaints about this issue, so you may be right about it being a 'feature'.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Thanks for the help. I noticed inside Auto Silent that there is a on/off for push notifications. I'd imagine that toggling this might fix the error message. I'll play around to see what this does to sounds at night, but at least I've traced (via all your help!) the source of the errors. <3

davpel

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2007
Did you install AppSync? This can seriously mess up your ability to receive push notifications and make in-app purchases.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Did you install AppSync? This can seriously mess up your ability to receive push notifications and make in-app purchases.

Nope. Don't have it. Never had any problems w/ in-app purchases, either. Well, I've only done 1. Not a lot of the apps I have use this feature.

Edit: I wasn't sure what AppSync was, so I Googled for it. From a glance at the search results, it's an app that helps to pirate stolen apps, which I don't do.

arin.failing

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2010
Twins!

i was in the EXACT same boat as you before reading this thread, just a few minutes ago. I did exactly what was said (about autosilent) and instantly got a push notification from the facebook app. thank you guys SO MUCH! this has been irritating me since... well i guess since i DL autosilent. Y'all ROCK!!

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
i was in the EXACT same boat as you before reading this thread, just a few minutes ago. I did exactly what was said (about autosilent) and instantly got a push notification from the facebook app. thank you guys SO MUCH! this has been irritating me since... well i guess since i DL autosilent. Y'all ROCK!!

Seriously. It was so frustrating. I've since turned the push blocking feature back on, now that I know what the problem was—it does work well and as intended. The 'not knowing' was killing me!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.