Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hackum

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2009
Does anyone know where I could get a "new" or nearly new pre-unibody macbook pro 15" or macbook 13"?

Are ebay and craiglist my only option?

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Probably

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
You can also try the forums here. That said the unibodies came out almost 18 months ago now, so I imagine it will be fairly tough to find.

hackum

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2009
Thanks. I still don't have access to the marketplace here though.

Do you know if it would be possible to install and run Leopard on any the current or upcoming macbooks? There must be a thread here on the topic, I just couldn't find it.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Do you know if it would be possible to install and run Leopard on any the current or upcoming macbooks? There must be a thread here on the topic, I just couldn't find it.

Any machine that originally shipped with Leopard (so was originally released before Snow Leopard) would run Leopard fine. So older Unibodys will be fine.

techound1

macrumors 68000
Mar 3, 2006
eBay is something of a crapshoot these days. Lots more sellers trying to pass off junk as better condition than it is (IMHO).

BlackBlade

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2010
you could always try kijiji they have some really great stuff and its not like ebay more like craigs list

pbollin

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2006
It is only available for in-store pickup at their Silicon Valley store. I want one do, but I don't think I will make the trip from Ohio.

mike5411

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
All the current macbook pros can run leopard (BUT this probablywont be true about the i5 or i7 update.) Remember, the mid 2009 macbook pros shipped with leopard and people had to order the up to date disc to get SL, as a result I believe leopard can run on any of the machines even if they did ship with SL (because leopard allows installation since they did originally ship with 10.5.7 with a quick update to 10.5.8)

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
you are probably better off PM'ing this info to him.

As for wanting a non unibody, I can't blame him! I love mine, and don't like the look of the new ones:). Its all preference. For what it is worth, I have the same one that ^ posted and love it.

I would buy something in person, as buying electronics on eBay is risky, at best. With craigslist, atleast you can see it and test it. Not to say there are not honest people on eBay (hey i am one of them), but i would try to buy in person..

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008

jjolaney

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2013
Because

Just out of curiosity, why pre-unibody? And why Leopard instead of SL?

I am also interested in a new one, mine is going to die before to long because I use it ALOT! But I am having a very hard time finding one (especily since it is 2013, but also because the stopped making them five years ago) I think the ones with silver keys are better than the new ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.