Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sweetwater Mac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2010
I'm setting up my home theater using a Mac Mini 2.26 along with a Pioneer Elite VSX-23TXH receiver. I bought the Kanex Mini Displayport to HDMI 1020p Video and Digital Audio Adapter. I can connect my Mini directly to my Samsung plasma and everything works fine (although the top of the display where the menu is doesn't show up) but if I run the HDMI cable thru the Pioneer I get nothing which mean I don't get the audio through my surround system. What am I missing?

sapporobaby

macrumors 68000
I'm setting up my home theater using a Mac Mini 2.26 along with a Pioneer Elite VSX-23TXH receiver. I bought the Kanex Mini Displayport to HDMI 1020p Video and Digital Audio Adapter. I can connect my Mini directly to my Samsung plasma and everything works fine (although the top of the display where the menu is doesn't show up) but if I run the HDMI cable thru the Pioneer I get nothing which mean I don't get the audio through my surround system. What am I missing?

I had a similar problem when I had an LG. You have to have the TV set to "Just Scan". This should correct the problem. I now have a Sony and did not have this problem but I guess some TV's are different. Try this. The problem, if there is one, is with the TV and not the Mini.

Cheers.

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
when I connect my MB to my samsung plazma I get the same thing, the top bar and lower section of the desktop are just off the screen. What you need to do is push the "P Size" button on your Samsung remote until it goes to "Screen Fit" mode. Then its perfect. Not sure about the Pioneer issue, sorry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.